THE SPOILER THREAD: FOR THOSE WHO'VE SEEN AVENGERS: ENDGAME

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

NicodemustheSage
Fletch

THE SPOILER THREAD: FOR THOSE WHO'VE SEEN AVENGERS: ENDGAME

Post by NicodemustheSage »

Discuss.

--Nico.
I remain, as always.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Re: THE SPOILER THREAD: FOR THOSE WHO'VE SEEN AVENGERS: ENDG

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

It's everything a fan of the MCU could want in a final chapter.

It probably doesn't stand on its own as a complete movie, and it won't convince people that weren't already fans, but as a bookend, it's perfect.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Haven't seen but read all the spoilers. Curious to know how you all feel about Black Widow dying considering she has a solo movie coming out. Do you feel less or more interested in the film?

NicodemustheSage
Fletch

About the same. Although that character's fate surprised the Hell out of me, it was earned and I look forward to seeing how that all plays out.

--Nico.
I remain, as always.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

It's a prequel/origin movieso the stuff in Endgame doesn't change anything about wanting to see it, for me.

Although there is a quick about Black Widow's father in that scene that I wonder if they're going to expand upon inher origin story.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

But surely knowing the death of Black Widow makes it less interesting to see her origin story?

NicodemustheSage
Fletch

...Well, I don't know. Damn if I ain't curious about what all transpired between her and Hawkeye in Budapest. :D

("A flerken" had better not be the answer to THAT riddle.)

--Nico.
I remain, as always.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

So this was pretty damn great
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

NicodemustheSage
Fletch

The movie? Yuuppp. I think the last film that I saw in theaters that so overperformed my high expectations of it, was probably "Cloud Atlas", or maybe "War of the Worlds", or "Primer", or "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of The King", or "The Matrix".

...Nope, I'm wrong. It was "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", the first MCU film by The Brothers Russo.

Sorry, this was more stream-of-semiconsciousness, even, than you usually get from yours truly. :/

--Nico.
I remain, as always.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

numbersix wrote:Haven't seen but read all the spoilers. Curious to know how you all feel about Black Widow dying considering she has a solo movie coming out. Do you feel less or more interested in the film?
About the same. Black Widow has never been super interesting as an Avenger, but getting some more insight into her spy background could be cool-especially if it's more of a straightforward action movie. Plus more Scarlett is never a bad thing.

As for the movie itself, it was pretty great. The inevitably busy plot and undoing of the snap and defeat of Thanos made it a little less thrilling than Infinity War, but the emotional payoff and final battle were tremendous. Very surprised by how few deaths there were though. Expected a lot more than just Iron Man, Black Widow and the evenutal peaceful demise of Captain America.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

NicodemustheSage
Fletch

Yeah, couldn't agree more. Ironically for the biggest movie in the MCU -- and, no doubt, one of the top-three blockdusters (like that? ;) ) of ALL time -- "4vengers" proves, I think, that, properly done, less really IS more. Yes, the epic final confrontation tickled my comic-geek bone, delivering the greatest single frame of film in superhero-adaptation history, a three-fold layout Alex Ross would drool to paint... But it was the quiet, anxious, laden character beats, the by-now deep and meaningful and complex relationships, the quiet sacrifices, that MADE this film GREAT for yours truly. This filmic cycle is in many respects our modern "Iliad", our "The Winds of War" / "War and Remembrance", our "Gone With the Wind". It will be considered, perhaps not "great cinema", but a Goddamned great film, for as long as film exists.

And I'm going to see it again, and again, and, likely, again. Whatever it takes. (Personal trivia: I designed and created my boot camp company's guidon -- unit flag -- and guess what our slogan was? "C006, 'Whatever It Takes'". Oo, rah. :) )

--Nico.
I remain, as always.

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Post by StarLord123 »

Just curious, why bother using spoiler tags in a spoiler thread?