Thor Bluray Audio Problems?

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

kermitkid
The McMannus Brothers

Thor Bluray Audio Problems?

Post by kermitkid »

I have had my Thor Bluray since about 2014. I always watched it with a stereo speaker system. I hooked up my Bluray player to my new surround sound system that I've had since October 2018. The dialougue in the movie seemed really quiet, so I turned it up, and then when there was an action sequence it was extremely loud (like I'm surprised cops didn't show up, loud). So I turn it down, and then I can't hear the dialogue anymore (almost at whisper level, when on action scenes it's a pretty normal volume). So I had to put subtitles on. I thought maybe it was a problem with the player, so I changed some sound settings, but it had little to no effect, so I tried the TVs sound settings, but since the TV is hooked to the surround sound, I can't change the sound mode. (It's an LG 4K that I got in Oct. 2018 as well.) I did an audio test with the speakers, and they seemed at normal volume when I did that, but the movie was still ungodly loud (no pun intended) on the action scenes and extremely low on dialogue scenes.
Stay fresh, cheese bags

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: Thor Bluray Audio Problems?

Post by Buscemi2 »

Go to Blu-ray.com or Home Theatre Forum. We don't specialize in this kind of thing.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Re: Thor Bluray Audio Problems?

Post by undeadmonkey »

check if there is a firmware update?