Spitballin'

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: Spitballin'

Post by Buscemi2 »

A new one:

An animated feature with an eco-friendly message. In a protected piece of land in the Great Plains, the bison populations has been illegally poached. Only one thing stands in the way between saving the herd and extinction: a buffalo with big ideas and a passion for acting.

Mark Ruffalo stars as...

Mark Buffalo
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Buscemi2 wrote:A new one:

An animated feature with an eco-friendly message. In a protected piece of land in the Great Plains, the bison populations has been illegally poached. Only one thing stands in the way between saving the herd and extinction: a buffalo with big ideas and a passion for acting.

Mark Ruffalo stars as...

Mark Buffalo
Or "Ted Turner's Wet Dream"

For a guy that loves buffaloes he does have a decent buffalo restaurant.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

Don't most animated movies try to have an eco-friendly message?

Even when they are made mostly to sell toys, it seems that the antagonists of the films are always businessmen who are threatening the anthropomorphic animals, just so they can have some resemblance of a socially relevant/progressive message. I don't necessarily see it as a negative thing, I just don't know if "eco-friendly" is as controversial as it used to be...
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Will Forte would play Ted Turner.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Basic Witches

A comedy about two wannabe witches who base there entire lives around the movie Practical Magic. When they attend a coven, they find they are totally unprepared for the Wiccan life.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I know no one reads these but I have an idea for HBO Max.

The Adventures of Lily

AT&T spokesgirl Lily is your ordinary character designed to sell products and services. But suddenly, the world of AT&T pitches comes crashing down when corporate decides to kill off the character to cut costs. As the two worlds merge, Lily now finds herself in the real world and learns that she is a fictional character when she meets her actress. Now, reality and fiction team up to bring back the character in an low-budget movie called The Adventures of Lily, designed to make the character bigger than life.

Corporate synergy at its finest.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Got a new one

Its the future, judgement is frowned upon and age is not held to stereotypes

An old man ZA does what young people do today (in the future) like an obsession. The young people are telling him to stop, the middle age do something completely different- and they all do they same thing. While all the other older people are divided finding themselves in little niche communities where they bicker and fight about what to do in the new future.

The old man ZA begins to use old technologies (new in todays world) to bring people together, but sadly, he dies before the world has been influenced by his motivated actions just before his death.
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

An idea I got from a recent viewing of The Last Waltz:

1978. Two teenage girls become obsessed with The Last Waltz and bummed about The Band's breakup, decide to do the unthinkable. They decide to go to Canada...and stalk Garth Hudson, the reclusive multi-instrumentalist of the group.

Walton Goggins plays Hudson.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

This one might be too similar to The Unbearable Measure of Massive Talent but here goes.

A government agent is tasked with the capture of a brutal dictator who has ordered the murders of various US diplomats but has been unable to catch him as he only enter US soil in secret and in a short amount of time. But he and his team have devised a plan to capture him: to get him during a private concert involving the biggest pop star in the world. But there's one problem: he has never met the pop star nor does he know her music. After a chance encounter with the pop star, he soon realizes that they have a lot of common and the two become an unlikely team as he is tasked to protect her from the superfan dictator.

I also have an idea for a sequel involving celebrity stalkers.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Idea for a Netflix series:

Throughout the 1970's and 1980's and beyond, multiple serial killers called Sacramento their home base or spend time in the area. The Golden State Killer, the Vampire of Sacramento, Dorothea Puente, the I-5 Strangler, and many other killers have connections to the Sacramento area. But how? Was there a connection from killer to killer, was Sacramento just a convenient area, or was it something in the water? This would be a documentary series that could answer some of these questions. I also have the suggestion that Sacramento native and Oscar winner Jessica Chastain should host this series.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

So as everyone else was all about the Barbenheimer, here's something I could see being a movie.

What Was Lana Del Rey Doing Waitressing at a Waffle House in Alabama?

The title is the plot. It might be too niche but this needs an entire breakdown.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

That wouldn't make for much of a movie. The town in which that Waffle House is located in is referenced in a song from her most recent album and while it hasn't been explicitly confirmed, it's most likely for a music video
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

You could embellish a bit and make a movie out of it. Or shoot it like a mockumentary and make it about a movie Lana Del Rey with the real Lana Del Rey coming in at certain points, kind of like that movie American Animals.