2019 Trials

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

2019 Trials

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Hey All,

Pretty keen to start up a couple of variations on the games we have. Still unsure of the specifics, but looking to trial whatever we can put together collectively as the best "variation".

When i say variation, i mean Box Office game, except with: Top 10 points inclusive + normal BO take

Other ideas are: International BO, Ultimate with $120 and 10 movies, plus a Top 6/7/8 instead of 5, League which must be set in stone at start of season, non imdb rating league+PTA top 3 -not 5. Stuff like that

Have i got any keen players?
Also would need some help from the current pricing panel.

I would be keeping score, with perhaps some help to start with from the great shyrke.

This is all a step forward with an eye on making a real website with a drop and drag feature, as we had in the past.
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

Walleye413
Marv

Re: 2019 Trials

Post by Walleye413 »

Hey Ron, I'm game for anything. You bet.

I've often wondered about a league where you set it and can't change it. Makes predicting harder, but also less interactive throughout the 3 months so I can't decide if it's a good idea or a bad one.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

I'd be interested in playing some variations of box office games. i had recently been thinking it would be fun to do a year long draft starting in January with worldwide box office numbers.

to keep it simple, would be easy to just use films that have a domestic release as well.

but could also be fun to throw international films in there too.

Also been thinking, would this game work on reddit? it's basically a forum as well, we could keep this one, but maybe we could find new players on a more active site....

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Thats a great idea UDM about trying out on reddit, ill have it set up in December. I also like your idea about worldwide Box office- but using domestic titles as a guide.

I'll see if i have the bravado to do any more leagues in the same month, but im pretty keen to try a variation of the Ultimate league.
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

The problem with worldwide is that accurate figures are hard to find without a subscription service. Box Office Mojo is far from complete, and often has multiple listings for the same title. Only the major blockbusters have any sort of accuracy so the game would have to be built around that.