New countdown list

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: New countdown list

Post by Buscemi2 »

A stand-ups list might be too fractured. It will be hard to keep up with the different comedians that will get listed (ever since Dane Cook got famous through his hack work, it seems like anyone can do it).
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I'm still up for all 3 of those lists, although the Best of the 2010's movie list seems like it would be better suited for this time next year.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I'd like to do another music countdown. The one we did what, nine year ago?, was so much fun. I think we could do a Top 50 of the Millennium (2000-on). We did that for movies, why not music?

This would be interesting for me, as 2/3 of my Top 100 were from the 80s and 90s.

What do you guys think?
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I'm all for a "Best films of the decade" list next year, definitely.
And the Best music since 2000 seems great also.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Shrykespeare wrote:I'd like to do another music countdown. The one we did what, nine year ago?, was so much fun. I think we could do a Top 50 of the Millennium (2000-on). We did that for movies, why not music?

This would be interesting for me, as 2/3 of my Top 100 were from the 80s and 90s.

What do you guys think?
Definitely up for that, although 50 is going to be tough. 100 is much easier but it depends what everyone else thinks?

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I have no idea if the number is gonna be tough to come up with or what so any is fine by me.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I second Chien
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I suppose we could do 100 if the majority agrees.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Anyone who doesn't want to do the full 100 can always jump in later, like I've done in the past.

I'd be up for the 100 songs (or artists) of the millennium and I still have the rough list of 10 standups I made, but it was surprisingly difficult to find the clips I wanted for a lot of them.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I started listing my favourite songs of the century today and already came up with about 70.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Sounds like we have some people into the idea.

I'd be happy to organize it like I did before, but my life is crazy right now. Maybe we can start it in a few months, like in March or April?

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I suppose the later the better, to capture some of 2019.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I'd say if we have to wait, at least let's wait til mid-may, so we're not all absorbed by the draft at the same time.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Hey everyone!

I know I'm not around posting a ton anymore, but I still pop in on the regular. I wanted to fill the group in on a project I've been working on. I didn't really know where to put it, but this thread seems as good a place as any.

Starting a few weeks ago, my wife and I decided that we were going to do a full-scale re-watch of Disney's animated theatrical releases, at least as many as we can get in before our trip to Walt Disney World (August 19th). Of course, this means that I'm going to grade and rank each one accordingly. Now, we won't get to all of them, and some we don't yet have access to, but we should be able to watch ~65, give or take, by that date. We've cut out ones that we simply have no interest in (it was a really dark period for Disney from 2001-2009, Pixar saved their ass, and yes, Pixar is included). We've already knocked out 14 of them and are having a lot of fun doing it. I haven't decided to just do a whole list of every film that we include in our journey (and spoiler alert, one of the so-called classics already earned an "F" grade from me), or cut it off and do something like a top 50 or 60. I'm writing up a brief, paragraph long review for each as I go, plus a grade. I would like to share it with the group when we are finished (and I'll post my wife's ranking too). If anyone else wants to join in, obviously you don't have to do a full scale re-watch (I really just wanted to give as many films a fair shake as we can) but I would welcome seeing the lists of other Disney fans like myself. Thought I'd throw it out there.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Sounds like fun.

Also sounds like you'll end up ruining my childhood.