MOST ANTICIPATED FILMS OF 2017 (SUMMER EDITION)

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Re: MOST ANTICIPATED FILMS OF 2017 (SUMMER EDITION)

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

transformers2 wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Surprisingly, other than The Beguiled and maybe The Big Sick, there aren't any limited openings I'm really wanting to see..
I'm really surprised that you don't want to see Ingrid Goes West. I figured you'd be all in for psycho Aubrey Plaza :lol:
Forgot all about that. I'm down to see Aubrey Plaza in any form, but especially travelling cross country to ruin lives.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

JohnErle wrote:I liked the original Beguiled, but Colin Farrell is no Clint, and Sofia Coppola is Francis' least talented relative, so I'm not looking forward to what appears to be a shot-for-shot remake.
I also didn't know it was a remake, so that shows how much I'm into it.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I have the original Beguiled on Blu-ray. Maybe I'll watch it when the remake opens.

And I'm surprised people still think Aubrey Plaza can carry a film. She's the female Andy Samberg: people love her on TV but they won't pay $9 to watch her on a big screen.

Also, I forgot Landline was coming out this summer. I'm surprised how under the radar that one is, especially with Jenny Slate's recent successes in voice work (kind of surprised no one's built a wide-appeal film around her yet).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
transformers2 wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Surprisingly, other than The Beguiled and maybe The Big Sick, there aren't any limited openings I'm really wanting to see..
I'm really surprised that you don't want to see Ingrid Goes West. I figured you'd be all in for psycho Aubrey Plaza :lol:
Forgot all about that. I'm down to see Aubrey Plaza in any form, but especially travelling cross country to ruin lives.
Phew. You had me worried about your status as an Aubrey Plaza fangirl for a second there ;)
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Buscemi wrote:And I'm surprised people still think Aubrey Plaza can carry a film. She's the female Andy Samberg: people love her on TV but they won't pay $9 to watch her on a big screen.
I don't give two shits what the BO receipts say, she crushes every role she takes on.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

been watching Parks and Rec, I love Plaza.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

She's brilliant in Legion too.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Already Seen: Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Will see in theaters: POTC 5, Wonder Woman, The Mummy, Cars 3, Despicable Me 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming, War of the Planet of the Apes, The Dark Tower

May see in theaters: King Arthur, Alien Covenant, Baby Driver, Dunkirk, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Atomic Blonde, The Hitman's Bodyguard, Logan Lucky

Will wait for DVD: Everything Everything, Baywatch, Captain Underpants, All Eyez on Me, The Emoji Movie, Detroit, The Nut Job 2, Crown Heights

Won't see at all: Snatched, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, It Comes at Night, 47 Meters Down, Rough Night, The House, Amityville: The Awakening, Wish Upon, Girls Trip, Annabelle: Creation, The Glass Castle, All Saints, Polaroid, Tulip Fever
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)