Top 100 - the sequel

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

undeadmonkey
Leon

Re: Top 100 - the sequel

Post by undeadmonkey »

I had a thought and a question. I can come up with 100 movies, but to be honest i only love maybe the top 75-80, the rest i just like. I was thinking about adding the top 15 worst movies i've seen in theaters as my 100-85 and then continue with my favorites from there?

if you guys think it's too confusing and nix it, that's fine. i'll just come up with 100 movies i like. or if you guys want to do a separate list later on that's fine too. let me know.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I'm sure you've got some 7-8 grade movies in there, Monkey.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I think if you really don't see all those films as ones you really love and deem worthy of such a Top, don't include them and start the countdown when we reach #75 or #80. I'd say it would be weird when our #91 appear to have a film you hate. I'd say it would be better to do such a list on the side. Or we keep that for another time, make our Worst, maybe not 100, but like our Worst 20 or something, but not mix it inside our Top 100.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Chienfantome wrote:I think if you really don't see all those films as ones you really love and deem worthy of such a Top, don't include them and start the countdown when we reach #75 or #80. I'd say it would be weird when our #91 appear to have a film you hate. I'd say it would be better to do such a list on the side. Or we keep that for another time, make our Worst, maybe not 100, but like our Worst 20 or something, but not mix it inside our Top 100.
Yeah, Monkey. Make the list as long as you can and we'll start you at the appropriate time. No biggie at all.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

sad to hear about yo cat boosh. And even more sad that u cant participate- but hey- theres always the option of chiming in with ya top 10/20 when we reach that stage- if u find the time.

and UDM--what shryke said.

I had another idea, but this can be put on the back burner for later years to come. Best performances of all time, im reading the top 100 from premier magazine which i copied/edited (then printed with pictures and all) and presented to my family back 15 or so years ago. That list would be tough to come up with-especially if you're not watching movies before the 80s and such.

side note:
watching one flew over the cuckoos nest right now. The film hasn't aged at all.
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

He passed away a couple of days ago. He was old and had been fighting illness (stomach problems in the beginning, but it was cancer that got to him) for a long time. But he lived 19 years (at least 92 in people years, I'd estimate 94-95) and had a lot of adventures.

Maybe I will join for a top 25 at some point. Who knows how far I'll be in my latest screenplay.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

all good, i will do 100 favorites. but i think itd be fun to do a list of top 15 terrible movies sometime.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Sorry to hear that Boosch, that sucks majorly, but at least he managed to live that long.

And UDM, yeah, would be good to do a list of worst films. It'll probably start off some fun arguments.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

on that note of list of worst films list-

should or shouldn't we include documentaries in our top 100 from 2000 onwards? Or should they get a standalone top 10 or something? Because i have some doco's from 2000+ that would make my top 100, but they aren't exactly the same as feature films...

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I consider the documentaries eligible for our Top. I have one on my list (which I've finally finalized !!!! well, I still have to order the films....).
Fluctuat nec mergitur

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I'm including docs in my Top 100

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

We're not IMDb, Ron.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

cool. And yes, we not imdb. While i used to visit the site daily over 10 years ago now, i even came up with a grand total of 3 of their daily poles (back when it was a thing), now its more of a tool for reference.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Guys, we're starting in less than 2 weeks, so those of you who are starting at #100, please start thinking about getting the first 10-20 films on your list to me. I would really not have to backtrack and put your #100, #99, etc. onto the thread after we've already started.

Remember, this is what I need from you:

Title (Year) - The reason it's on your list. (Not more than 300 words, I think) Feel free to include a clip, the trailer, a still photo or the poster (SMALL size, please!).

My email address is shrykespeare42@gmail.com, as always.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

yep, i intend to have my list done b4 xmas. Ill email u