Podcast

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Walleye413
Marv

Podcast

Post by Walleye413 »

Hey guys,

So, my son and I are doing a Movie Review podcast over the summer - and wanted a little feedback. The pitch is we're watching movies that I saw and loved back in the 80's or 90's - but he's never seen. So we watch them together, and then talk about whether or not they hold up. Honestly, it's just really fun cause I get to watch movies and spend a lot of time with my boy before he heads off to college. But since we're actually publishing it I thought it'd be worth getting a little feedback as well. So if any of you have the time to listen and send a note on what you think that'd be great. We started with L.A. Confidential and have Predator online now as well. Next is Roxanne. And then we'll do a movie he has seen, but I have not, and flip the idea for week 4. It's called What's the hold up. You can find it at whatstheholdup.me or on iTunes at whatstheholdup Thanks.

Walleye

W
Norman Bates

Re: Podcast

Post by W »

Walleye413 wrote:Hey guys,

So, my son and I are doing a Movie Review podcast over the summer - and wanted a little feedback. The pitch is we're watching movies that I saw and loved back in the 80's or 90's - but he's never seen. So we watch them together, and then talk about whether or not they hold up. Honestly, it's just really fun cause I get to watch movies and spend a lot of time with my boy before he heads off to college. But since we're actually publishing it I thought it'd be worth getting a little feedback as well. So if any of you have the time to listen and send a note on what you think that'd be great. We started with L.A. Confidential and have Predator online now as well. Next is Roxanne. And then we'll do a movie he has seen, but I have not, and flip the idea for week 4. It's called What's the hold up. You can find it at whatstheholdup.me or on iTunes at whatstheholdup Thanks.

Walleye
I listen to too many podcasts to list already, but I'll give it a download and see.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Will give the Predator one a listen tomorrow at work, haven't seen La Confidential or Roxane yet.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Yeah, I subscribed and listened to the first two already (I listen to everything at 2x speed except one guy that's an Italian history professor and hard to understand). It's much better than most first time podcasters. Most first timers either have some kind of voice that I don't want to hear, sound dumb because they don't know the subject they want to talk about, or they can't keep my attention. There's a little more exposition than I typically like, but that would probably serve well if it were something I hadn't seen before, so it's not necessarily a critique.

I probably will not listen to Roxanne since that's something I want to see but just haven't yet, but if I've already seen it or don't have a desire to watch it I will give it a listen. I'm sure that'll be about 95+% of the time.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I can't remember the last time I listened to a podcast, but I'll try to give this a listen. You've picked three movies I love so far, and yes, they do hold up. :D

Walleye413
Marv

Post by Walleye413 »

Thanks guys I appreciate the input!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Glad to see you guys are back. I'm subscribed. I've listened to all the ones I've seen (Beetlejuice is downloading now). The only disappointment was when Stranger Things was cut off. It has to be nice doing something like this with your kid. Hopefully you bank a few for the fall. I'm kind of curious, does it say how many downloads you get on average?

Walleye413
Marv

Post by Walleye413 »

Thanks for the feedback W. No we don't know how many people download or listen. I can track page hits and such, but downloads would be better info.

It really is a blast doing this with my kid, one of the best parts of my summer.