Best of 2015 (So Far)

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
John Rambo

Best of 2015 (So Far)

Post by transformers2 »

We've reached that magical midway point of 2015, so I figured it was time for the Fantaverse to share their favorites of the year so far. Here's mine:

10.Spy
9.Insurgent
8.Ted 2
7.Entourage
6.Pitch Perfect 2
5.Focus
4.The Wedding Ringer
3.Kingsman
2.Furious 7
1.Dope
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Re: Best of 2015 (So Far)

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

6. Avengers: Age of Ultron
5. Kingsman
4. Dope
3. Inside Out
2. Ex Machina
1. Me And Earl And The Dying Girl

Everything else has been just OK that I've seen.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

The Kingsman 8/10 - loved it, very enjoyable, could easily be seen as a classic some day

Jurassic World 8/10 - while simple, I had a lot of fun and the trex scene gave me chills, not a lot of movies are able to do that anymore for me

Love, Rosie
6/10 - found it to be quite enjoyable if forgettable

Mortdecai 6/10 - much funnier than I expected

Furious 7 5/10 - story wise it was much lesser than 5 or 6, but it added some sentiment which has got to count for something right

Ultron 5/10 - destruction is boring, move on marvel, the fleshed out hawkeye story was fun, can we have more character growth in the next one

Jupiter Ascending 3/10 - like I said before, I love the idea of the movie, the actual movie was far from good though

American Sniper 1/10 - so boring.

Seventh Son 1/10 - so bad I couldn't even finish it

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

1. Entourage
2. Kingsman
3. Jurassic World
4. Mad Max Fury Road
5. McFarland USA
6. Ultron
7. Spy
8. Pitch Perfect 2
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

2015 has a lot of room for improvement so far, in my opinion. Still, here are the 10 best films I have seen this year so far, in no particular order :

- It Follows : best horror film I've seen in ages.
- Buoni a nulla : an italian comedy from one of my favorites, Gianni Di Gregorio.
- Kingsman : tons of fun.
- Inupiluk + Le film que nous tournerons au Groenland : I cheat because those are actually two shorts released together theatrically in France, and this may be the best thing I've seen in theater this year, two parisian freidns welcoming two friends from Groeland in Paris.
- Blackhat : The BO catastrophe of Michael Mann's film is the most unfair of 2015. Along with It Follows, the best US film of 2015 in my eyes.
- She's Funny that way : Bogdanovich's film is a delight of a comedy for anyone who loves oldschool comedies, and anyone who's a film lover.
- Labyrinth of Lies : a beautiful German drama about the very first trials concerning extermination camps.
- Mad Max Fury Road : Best US blockbuster so far in 2015. This smells cinema all over it.
- Hill of Freedom : Hong Sang-soo's latest, I'm always a fan.
- Mustang : I have actually seen this one this afternoon. It played at the Director's Fortnight in Cannes this year, a turkish drama about 5 modern teenage sisters in a family of traditions. This one is great enough to end up in my Top 10 at the end of the year, probably. Powerful and moving film.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Resurrecting this thread now that we've moved into 2016.

I've still to see plenty of movies (such as Joy, Spotlight, The Hateful 8, The Revenant, etc), but here are my Top 10 films by global release date:
1: It Follows
2: The Duke of Burgundy
3: Sicario
4: Mustang
5: Room
6: The Lobster
7: Song of the Sea
8: Victoria
9: Inside Out
10: 45 Years

For US release dates I'd have to take out The Lobster and place The Tribe up at #3, shifting the rest down.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Here's my current top 10. Still need to see Hateful Eight, The Revenant, Brooklyn and a handful of others before it's final.

1.Straight Outta Compton
2.Room
3.Dope
4.Furious 7
5.Trainwreck
6.Creed
7.The Night Before
8.Concussion
9.Kingsman
10.Ex Machina

Just missed the cut: Sicario, Steve Jobs, Spotlight, Sleeping with Other People, The Wedding Ringer

Speaking of best of 2015, I'm surprised Surfer hasn't started the Reel Society Awards thread yet. The Master List formation process typically starts around now right?
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!