The ReelSociety Razzies 2010 Award Show!!!

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: The ReelSociety Razzies 2010 Award Show!!!

Post by Buscemi »

It's like True Lies in the fact that it's seemingly average people who are thrust into the position of spies while seeking a night of entertainment. In True Lies, Jamie Lee Curtis is the one searching for the entertainment. In Date Night, it's Steve Carell and Tina Fey.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

And the Loser for Worst Scene is.....

(Frenchhornroll)

Racist Robots "Don't Read" - Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57sdSK42 ... re=related[/youtube]

(It hurts my heart just to watch that. Stabs Bay with Razzie to make sure he's dead.)
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

undeadmonkey wrote:Some of the 2011 razzie award considerations look quite decent. you can't just put movies up there that you wont like. As for cats vs dogs revenge of kitty galore, well that one is a perfect consideration
Even The Back Up Plan and Remember Me? And did you even see The Wolfman? Prime contender for Biggest Disappointment, especially with the years of development and production plus its $150 million budget but with nothing to show for it.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

undeadmonkey wrote:Some of the 2011 razzie award considerations look quite decent. you can't just put movies up there that you wont like. As for cats vs dogs revenge of kitty galore, well that one is a perfect consideration
The ReelSociety Razzies 2010 would like to take this time out and say while we support Buscemi's freedom of speech, his views do not reflect the views of The ReelSociety Razzies.

We wish the best to our executive line producer, Buscemi, in his cinematic endeavors this year.

-The Management

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I'm just showing what the network tells me to show. ;)

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

It is at this moment that The Reel Society Razzies 2010 would like to stick a pin in this low-budget, indie-vibe awards show for the night. And to be resumed tomorrow, at our CEO's earliest convenience.

Thank you folks, and please return tomorrow for our Big 4 Awards (Director, Actor/Actress, and Picture).

AU REVOIR, SHOSHANNA!!!!

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

For Your Consideration 2011 Razzie Awards

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Buscemi wrote:It's like True Lies in the fact that it's seemingly average people who are thrust into the position of spies while seeking a night of entertainment. In True Lies, Jamie Lee Curtis is the one searching for the entertainment. In Date Night, it's Steve Carell and Tina Fey.
There's tons of films that fit that bill... Here's two off the top of my head. I'm sure other people could name a lot more, but I've really just started to delve into film in the last year:

Spies Like Us
The Man that Knew Too Much

And I just learned that True Lies was a remake of a French film, so how original is that?
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

hmm
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

And now, our next featurette for a Worst Picture contender.....Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen

What can anybody say about Transformers 2 that hasn't already been said? That it's a bloated, incoherent mess that does nothing but play up to Michael Bay's massive, and undeserved, ego? That it takes a slew of otherwise talented actors (Shia LeBeouf, John Turturro, etc) and a host of beautiful ladythings (Megan Fox, Isabel Lucas) and absolutly destroys any semblance of potential that was glanced at in the first movie way back in 2007? That it somehows manages to make a sequel to a movie based on a 30 year old cartoon offensive and racist with the inclusion of it's two Sambo-Bots, Skid and Mudflap? That, although all of the movie takes place in America (and Cybertron(!)), the last 45 minutes is played in the deserts of Egypt for no apparent reason? Yes, we know all of this because it's currently sitting at 20% rotten at RT and it has thousands of reviews lambasting it (my favorite is Ebert's where he describes it as "a horrible experience of unbearable length" and "junkyard throwup"). But when you think about it, how many of us are going to be there opening weekend when Transformers 3 hits next summer? If you said "ME!", please exit through the rear entrance. Or I'll kill you.

This is.....Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

And our next catergory (WE'RE ALMOST DONE!)......Worst Actress/Supporting Actress.

Usually, in these spots stand a handful of actresses that somehow found themselves in terrible movies, and not necessarily because they turned in bad performances. Sandra Bullock in All About Steve, Ali Larter in Obsessed, Anne Hathaway in Bride Wars; these are a few that come to mind. But our five nominated actress here do not have such luck. They presented some of the absolute worst performances of the last 12 months, and maybe of the last decade. To thier benefit though, one is a non-actress "acting" in her first role ever. Then again, Gabourey Sidibe was in that same boat and she got a Oscar nomination out of it. So, when you think about it, she has no excuse at all. None of these actresses do, as a matter of fact. They should be terribly ashamed of these "performances" and if they got shot with a BB gun, I wouldn't be upset.

And the nominees are.....

Juno Temple - Year One

Katie Featherston - Paranormal Activity

Megan Fox - Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen, Jennifer's Body

Maggie Grace - Taken

Kristen Stewart - The Twilight Sage: New Moon, Adventureland

_

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

(Tension builds)

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

gotta be Maggie Grace

frendo
Marty McFly

Post by frendo »

I'm kind of thinking Katie Featherstone. I would have said KS in Twilight, but I thought she was good in Adventureland.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I don't particularly have a problem with KS, other than she pretty much plays the same part all the time. She is kind of the Michael Cera of actresses.