FantasyMovieLeague.com

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: FantasyMovieLeague.com

Post by Buscemi »

I'm going to play Get Out this week and hope for another great hold (15% drop the past weekend!).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

I know there were some discussions when you guys found this site, but has anyone re-approached the people who run this site to see if they wanted to introduce our game into it? Are they stable enough to handle something more complex now?

If not, what ever happened to us trying to get our own site? Did that fizzle out again?

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

This site had money backing it. At least enough to pay pretty good developers.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I guess we didn't make much of an effort to build a new site. Not that I could do anything, it's far beyond my understanding.

As for the FML game, I stupidly failed to realise I could fit in a Sat AND Sun Beauty and the Beast. Boy is that going to hurt me. FML for sure.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

3 weeks in I'm 13th overall, out of 18281 participants. Come on !!!
Fluctuat nec mergitur

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

This week is going to be a BITCH. Every movie that's over $80 is overpriced as hell.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I'm stocking up on Going in Style. Yes, it's spent time on the shelf but there hasn't been anything out for older audiences in a while. And who doesn't like Caine, Freeman, and Arkin?

The Boss Baby, Smurfs: The Lost Village, and Beauty and the Beast are going to split its audience. And it looks like those sneak previews didn't really help Smurfs.

The Case for Christ is another Pure Flix flop (this company is just like Weinstein, they love to lose money).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

What are you guys doing ? I've already won 4 out of 5 weekends this season, come on !!
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I got burned on Power Rangers. I thought the A Cinemascore would allow it to hold and that The Boss Baby would flop.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Chienfantome wrote:What are you guys doing ? I've already won 4 out of 5 weekends this season, come on !!
I've made a lot of boneheaded decisions this season (leaving an empty slot 2 weeks, picking Logan the 1st week, taking Trainspotting 2 over The Zookeeper's Wife last week). Hopefully I'll get my groove back this month.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Well this is my season. I'm 24th out of 18400 participants at the general, with a less than 13 million gap with the 1st. With 7 weeks to go to keep the momentum, it's gonna seem long.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

Chienfantome wrote:What are you guys doing ? I've already won 4 out of 5 weekends this season, come on !!
I stopped playing temporarily because I have 3 months of the year where my current job just kicks my butt but I'll be back next season. Probably a good thing I didn't try this time anyway with how you're doing Chien... good luck!

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Gah, if I had swapped one Case for Christ with a Gifted, I would have got the Best Slate bonus.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

All of the openers this week look like bombs. Unforgettable's getting the widest release but does anyone want to watch Katherine Heigl in a film? Her last show got canceled after just two episodes. The Promise will be lucky to hit $1,000 PTA (I'm surprised this is getting 2,000 theatres as it seems more like a film that would open in 500 theatres) while Phoenix Forgotten will be lucky to get $2,000 PTA (why is this going wide again?). Born in China will do average numbers for a Disneynature film while Free Fire is basically getting dumped into 500 theatres (A24 should have gone with New York and Los Angeles this week and wider next week). The Lost City of Z expands to 500 theatres but might be too out there for a mainstream audience.

As a result, you're better off with a holdover while wondering if Eugenio Derbez can pack them in next week with an English language film or if audiences will finally take in an evil technology film (my guesses: yes on the first, no on the second).

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Don't know if you guys are still playing Box Office Champs, but if you are, the Summer Season (April-July) is now open. Fifteen picks.... I think in picking the top 15 money-earners, ten of them are patently obvious. The other five... that's a little more debatable. Should be interesting.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)