FantasyMovieLeague.com

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: FantasyMovieLeague.com

Post by Geezer »

I have no problem sharing that my slate is Pitch Perfect times 8. I don't see how any other combination this week will top that.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

Yeah I hinted at it too but that's mine as well, pretty sure it'll be the top combo. The pricing this round is goofed because they did it before those movies debuted and not after so PP is way too low (and so low you can stuff your slate with it).

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

I have Pitch Perfect on 4, Tommorowland on 1, Mad Max on 1, Hot Pursuit 1 and Age of Adaline on 1. I considered taking Pitch Perfect on all 8, but I decided I want to make it more of a challenge for myself.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Geezer wrote:I have no problem sharing that my slate is Pitch Perfect times 8. I don't see how any other combination this week will top that.
Yup. I played around with PP2 x6 + Tommorowland + FF7, but if PP2 makes just over more than half what Tommorwland does PP2 x8 is the way to go. I'm not used to leaving that big a percentage of my budget on the table. Hopefully they'll see all the best slates are all in the same league and think we're geniuses and ask our opinion. :)
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

You can put the same movie on more than once? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the game?

Edit: I saw that you could take a title more than once and edited my lineup accordingly.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I sent an email to the admin clarifying whether there was a limit to how many times you can put a single film on a slate. He said no. He also said he knows the pricing sucks (basically) and they're going to try to do better going forward. He also said "...interested on how to add new features and improve the game in the long haul. Feedback like yours is much appreciated."

Hopefully he's serious about the last part because the game does need some changes.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I would prefer that scores be tallied by PTA, not total gross. This way, smaller movies could be added to the game. Also, I would like a small maximum (3-4) so others do not spam the game with the same movie eight times.

Those are just some ideas.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I like that you can put it on multiple screens, but it seems to me the easy fix is just having each multiple one cost more than the last so the multiple gets higher and higher. For instance this week PP2 is $106 and Tommorowland is $340. Is PP2 worth putting on a slate if x2 is $156? x3 at $206? x4 at $256? At some point Tomorrowland is going to be a better bet. Then is Tomorrowland x2 worth $400? x3 $450? etc. At some point Ultron at $151 starts looking good. Etc.

It's still simple especially if they use a 25%, 30%, etc markup for each consecutive one, and I bet you'd get a lot better mix of slates that way.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

W wrote:I sent an email to the admin clarifying whether there was a limit to how many times you can put a single film on a slate. He said no. He also said he knows the pricing sucks (basically) and they're going to try to do better going forward. He also said "...interested on how to add new features and improve the game in the long haul. Feedback like yours is much appreciated."

Hopefully he's serious about the last part because the game does need some changes.
Matthew Berry also said that feedback is more than welcome in his reply to me.

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

Pricing is WAY better in Week 2. It'll take some legitimate projection to get the perfect slate this time.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Well I missed this when I was in Cannes. I'll have to go check it out to see what this is.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Spectre wrote:Pricing is WAY better in Week 2. It'll take some legitimate projection to get the perfect slate this time.
Yep. There's so many people complaining that they can't fit eight of the same film on their slate this time, it isn't updated soon enough, etc. So far these guys have acknowledged feedback, answered every question asked, gotten things updated in a timely manner, fixed pricing in week two, and generally seem to want to get better, etc... and still these people complain. They have no idea how good they have it right now.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

The strategy is much better this week. And we now have a wider selection.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Agreed, much more interesting. It's all about what you feel the cost per movie relates to how much you think it will make.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Yeah, last time I thought about it for about 30 seconds. This time around I'm still not satisfied with my slate and I've gone back and forth numerous times trying different combinations.