Bold Ass Predictions Summer 2015 Edition

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: Bold Ass Predictions Summer 2015 Edition

Post by silversurfer19 »

Jurassic World made $650m, anticipation and love for the Star Wars movies is much, much higher. It would be amazing, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

A week from today, Star Wars will assuredly be the number 1 movie of all time domestically and it shows zero signs of slowing. Where will it finish? 1.1 billion? 1.2? There's no way it doesn't cross the billion mark at this point. None.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

This may seem crazy as the record seemed unbeatable as little as three weeks ago, but is it possible Force Awakens will beat the all time adjusted record of Gone with the Wind? Ticket-wise GWTW sold 202 million and at the end of this weekend TFA will sit at about 90 mil according to mojo's average ticket price. If it drops like Avatar it'd be close. If it dropped like Titanic it would beat it. Even if the answer is no, it's nuts I can even ask this question.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I'm sure there will be many people who will make sure it doesn't beat Gone with the Wind. People are fanatical about that movie.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I don't think it will get that high. But I also don't think it's because fanatical Gone With The Wind fans are going to blow up theaters playing Star Wars.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Geezer wrote:I don't think it will get that high. But I also don't think it's because fanatical Gone With The Wind fans are going to blow up theaters playing Star Wars.
:lol: Yeah indeed !
Fluctuat nec mergitur