MOST ANTICIPATED FILMS OF 2015 (SUMMER EDITION)

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

numbersix
Darth Vader

MOST ANTICIPATED FILMS OF 2015 (SUMMER EDITION)

Post by numbersix »

With a lull in cinema until May, let's see what we're all keen to check out over the summer months.

Maybes: Good Kill, Ted 2, Masterminds, Tangerine, Irrational Man, Jurassic World

Nos: Avengers 2, Antman (I'm tired of giving my money to a never-ending Cinematic Universe, especially one that's increasingly looking like TV instead of cinema. That said, I may check them out when they're available online, only so I wouldn't feel so removed from kids these days)

Already seen and recommend: The Tribe, Hyena

10: Sinister 2
Okay, this is just because I know the director a little and he's a good guy. Plus, the first film wasn't bad for a horror

9: Mad Max: Fury Road
What can I say? It looks so insane that it could be a blast. Should probably get drunk before watching it.

8: Tomorrowland
Love the concept and the trailers. And at least it's not a sequel or reboot.

7: The End of the Tour
Great festival reviews and the premise sounds interesting.

6: Straight Outta Compton
Recently watching Boyz N The Hood got me int he mood for this. Again, another film that sold me through the trailer alone.

5: Trainwreck
One of these days Apatow will make another great comedy. Early reviews are suggesting this will be the one.

4: Inside Out
An original Pixar! And their most intriguing premise since Toy Story.

3: Dope
Curious about this due to so much festival buzz and great reviews. Trailers are great too.

2: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
See #3

1:The Look of Silence
The follow up to one of my favourite films of 2012, this time exploring the perspective of the victims rather than the perpetrators. Can't wait.

transformers2
John Rambo

Re: MOST ANTICIPATED FILMS OF 2015 (SUMMER EDITION)

Post by transformers2 »

10.Slow West (5/15)
9.Southpaw (7/24)
8.Dope (6/19)
7.Spy (6/5)
6.Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (7/31)
5.Avengers: Age of Ultron (5/1)
4.Trainwreck (7/17)
3.Fantastic Four (8/7)
2.Straight Outta Compton (8/14)
1.Ted 2 (6/26)

Also interested in (* indicates a film I'm on the fence about seeing):
Maggie (5/8)
Poltergeist (5/22)
Tommorowland (5/22)*
Aloha (5/29)
San Andreas (5/29)
Entourage (6/5)*
Jurassic World (6/12)
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (6/12)
Inside Out (6/19)*
Big Game (6/26)
Terminator: Genisys (7/1)*
Self/Less (7/10)
Ant-Man (7/17)
Irrational Man (7/24)
Paper Towns (7/24)
Pixels (7/24)*
The End of the Tour (7/31)
Vacation (7/31)
Masterminds (8/7)
The Man From U.N.C.L.E (8/14)
Criminal (8/21)
Sinister 2 (8/21)
Sleeping with Other People (8/21)
Hitman: Agent 47 (8/28)
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

10. Mad Max
9. Mad Max
8. Mad Max
7. Mad Max
6. Mad Max
5. Mad Max
4. Mad Max
3. Inside Out
2. Mad Max
1. Mad Max
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

numbersix wrote: 9: Mad Max: Fury Road
What can I say? It looks so insane that it could be a blast. Should probably get drunk before watching it.
This is exactly how I feel about Pixels. I'm going to get obliterated.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

12. Pixels
11. Terminator: Genisys
10. Self/Less
9. Jurassic World
8. Tomorrowland
7. Ant-Man
6. Max Max: Fury Road
5. Minions
4. Fantastic Four
3. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
2. Avengers 2
1. Inside Out

I'm going to hope that T:G, Pixels, Ant-Man and Minions are better than they look on paper.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Geezer wrote:
I'm not going to lie, the prospect of seeing Pixels drunk is very intriguing to me.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I figured you'd be on board.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Geezer wrote:
Dumb fun with characters I sunk countless hours of my childhood with? To eff that up you'd have to try to fail. I'd have made that fake "cameo" into a real one with Miyamoto (creator of most every old Nintendo character).
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I seriously don't know how anyone is excited for Tomorrowland, the marketing has done nothing for me. I know it's Brad Bird and all, but it just looks like shit to me. It seems very kiddie, almost like another Race To Witch Mountain.

Anyway.

10. Spy - I'm not a really big fan of Melissa McCarthy, but I've heard great things about this from screenings. Plus, Jason Statham in an action comedy!?

9. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - This is almost purely based off the goodwill from Ghost Protocol and the awesomeness of that plane stunt in the trailers. Plus Tom Cruise hasn't let me down in a long time. I skipped Rock of Ages and Jack Reacher, but other than those, he hasn't disappointed me in over a decade. I do like Knight & Day, for the record.

8. Jurassic World - Of course, I'm excited for another Jurassic Park movie, but I'm really hoping the marketing kicks into overdrive within the next month. Because Chris Pratt has done nothing to show me he's the right guy for this movie yet. Plus, Bryce Dallas Howard? That's your female lead?

7. Trainwreck - A lot, a lot, a lot of goodwill from screenings and South By Southwest. I like Amy Schumer, her show is great and her standup is decent.

6. Straight Outta Compton - The casting is blowing my skirt up too much, but I would love an NWA biopic. I wasn't around for when they were huge (well, I was but I was 6) so I'd really like to see the kind of impact they had on the industry at the time.

5. Entourage - The movie just looks like more of the same kind of shenanigans from the show, and I love the show, so I'm pumped.

4. Mad Mad Fury Road - Just like everyone else said, it looks fucking insane and I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't check it out in theaters.

3. Inside Out - The first Pixar movie that I've really been looking forward to since...Toy Story 3? Pixar has still been good, still easily the best animation studio in town, but they've declined slightly over their last 4 or so films. This looks like a return to the days of WALL-E, Up, Incredibles, and the like.

2. Pitch Perfect 2 - Yup, first one is awesome and I'll watch anything Anna does. Even if that means sitting through the dreadful dreck that was Into The Woods.

1. The Avengers - Age of Ultron - Yes, another summer and another Marvel movie that I can't wait for. Each phase builds up to another Avengers movie and this like the culmination of Phase 2 - which was easily better than Phase 1. Plus, they're setting up Civil War? Cannot wait.

Five more Maybes:

Ted 2
Minions
Dope
Pixels
Fantastic Four

Ones I Think Will Disappoint If I Do See Them:

Ant-Man
San Andreas
Terminator: Genisys
Aloha
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I'd be interested in Tomorrowland if it was set at the actual Tomorrowland and had Walt Disney as one of the characters (my idea for the story would have involved a family at Walt Disney World entering Tomorrowland and finding themselves in a parallel universe where Walt Disney never died, the rest of the film would be a Space Age-styled sci-fi movie where the family and Disney fight invaders based on the current studio regime). And Disney would be a chain-smoking paranoid who would mix his charm with batshit insanity (played by Tom Hanks, of course).

Of course, there would be the possibility it would end up being a $200 million Godard film that turns off everyone.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

You should see Jack Reacher banks, Its pretty solid

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I'm not gonna do a "Will probably see" and all, because after all these years you now know that I see pretty much everything as long as it's not a YA thing or a sequel to a blockbuster that I didn't like. So I won't see "Pitch Perfect 2", "Insidious 3", "Paper Town" and that kind of stuff. Or Entourage because I never even saw an episode of the series in the first place so...

Almost made my list : Pan, Pixels, Love and Mercy, Trainwreck, Irrational Man, The End of the Tour, Fantastic Four
But, here are the 10 ones I'll go see no matter what this summer :

10. San Andreas : I'm a sucker for big disaster movies, especially in the summer.

9. Regression : Many people forgot about Alejandro Amenabar, director of "Open your Eyes", "The Others" and "Agora". I have not.

8. Mission Impossible : Rogue Nation : Ghost Protocol was a blast, so here's hoping this one will be as much fun.

7. Jurassic World : I love Jurassic Park so much, I'm secretly hoping this will turn out worthy of existing. I have doubts, but I am so curious to find it out.

6. Minions : I love Minions. I can't help it.

5. Good Kill : this one is getting released the day after tomorrow here in Paris, so I'll see it soon. Andrew Niccol has done several misteps in his career, but this looks more like one of his greats.

4. Me and Earl and the Dying girl : Sundance buzz and a nice trailer makes it one of the best looking films of summer, even though it won't be released this summer here i'm afraid...

3. Tomorrowland : This reminds me of the great adventure films I loved as a teen. I've seen 10 minutes of the film already, and there is a lot of potential.

2. Mad Max, Fury Road : This looks insanely crazy, so crazy I still can't believe a studio gave Miller money to make it. Can't wait

1. Inside Out : Pixar looks to be back at his best. This could be their best film in years. It looks so inventive and clever and funny and emotional and...
Fluctuat nec mergitur

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I still haven't seen any of the movies I was supposedly anticipating from Jan-Apr, but here's a list of summer films I'll see eventually, if not right away.

Grandma - Paul Weitz, Judy Greer and Lily Tomlin has a lot of potential.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Awesome trailer, I just hope no prior knowledge of the franchise is required.

Good Kill - I've been a fan of Andrew Niccol since The Truman Show and Gattaca, and this looks intriguing and timely.

Trainwreck - Hopefully it's hysterical like Amy Schumer's standup, not weak and forced like her TV show. The trailer is promising.

Other maybes: Jurassic World, Magic Mike XXl, Love & Mercy, Ant-Man.