Reel Society's Oscar Contest 2010?

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Jake07

Reel Society's Oscar Contest 2010?

Post by Jake07 »

Hey everyone! I am a fan of the Oscar race every year, and love entering Oscar Pools. Does anyone want to try and run a user-run Oscar Pool for Reel Society members?

I was thinking about how the prize(s) could be set up. I don't want there to be any kind of fee to enter the contest. Maybe each contestant could list five DVDs from his collection that he is willing to give away. The winner of the contest could pick one of the DVD's from each of the losing contestants. So the winner of the Oscar contest would receive one DVD from each of the contestants who entered. Is anyone interested in putting on an Oscar Prediction Contest this year at RS? Does anyone have suggestions?

E-mail or PM me if you would like to help run a Contest this year. It could be fun!

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

Re: Reel Society's Oscar Contest 2010?

Post by mateostarr »

I doubt too many people will want to give up a DVD but regardless we can just play for fun. I guess we'll see what people think.

frendo
Marty McFly

Post by frendo »

If other people are down, I'd do it.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

We tried this with the full-year league and it didn't work. Count me out.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

I'm down for playing a prize-game (and contributing where necessary), but this year's Oscars are wholly uninteresting to me...
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.