Was It Worth It - The Films of March

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: Was It Worth It - The Films of March

Post by silversurfer19 »

W wrote:I just think people don't care about Jason Bateman as a leading actor. Anything big he's been in, he's been the obvious second banana. I like the guy and think he elevates whatever he's in, but America doesn't care.
I concur, Identity Thief thrived solely because of Melissa McCarthy, it could have been anyone else in Bateman's role and it would have performed similarly. He generally plays the straight guy, much like Paul Rudd, and his box office results reflect their similar roles.

As for Noah, I think certainly to an extent Boushh is correct in that God's Not Dead stole some of it's audiences, though I also think the divisive audience reaction towards the movie certainly dampened it's performance, especially if you take into account it's large opening.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

bestfilm wrote:That's all.
That's all ? That's all you have to say in your defence for screwing up an entire season, really ?!?
(I'm kidding bestfilm, don't worry, besides, Shryke takes away the higher price and the lower, to even out the panel, if he still does the same as he used to)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I do. Speaking of which, I need everyone to send their pricing schemes in ASAP. I've only gotten two in so far.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)