Casting Suggestions For A Low-Budget Action Movie

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

SuperShaan
Oldboy

Re: Casting Suggestions For A Low-Budget Action Movie

Post by SuperShaan »

I think your instincts on Andrea Riseborough are spot on, push for her; she was fantastic in Shadow Dancer.

As for Charlotte Riley, the first thing I saw her in was Martina Cole’s the Take, a four part TV mini series. She also has a role in the upcoming Tom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow.
Mein Führer! I can WALK!

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

numbersix wrote: Hayley Atwell - yep, good idea, but I was onto her agents and she's busy most of next year with a TV show (presumably the Agents of SHIELD prequel series)
Hmm, Hayley Atwell is planning on joining Agents of SHIELD? That's pretty big news that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Oh, and I also wanted to throw Melanie Lynskey into the mix. She was fantastic in Win Win and Perks of Being A Wallflower. And I didn't know this, but she's a Kiwi (that's what people from New Zealand go by, right?) and was discovered by Peter Jackson...
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Well, so many good suggestions, so I'll throw in Gabrielle Anwar, who just finished playing an Irish ex-militant after six seasons of Burn Notice. She's in her early 40's, crazy sexy, and can play "tough as nails but with a lot of vulnerability" in her sleep. An action movie would NOT be a stretch.

Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
Hmm, Hayley Atwell is planning on joining Agents of SHIELD? That's pretty big news that I haven't seen anywhere else.
I meant she is going to be in a different Marvel series, this one being a prequel to Agents of SHIELD - the original Agents of SHIELD with characters such as Iron Man's dad. It's a prequel to a spinoff of a franchise. Think news of this has already come out.

Will check out Melanie Lynskey and Gabrielle Anwar too!

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

numbersix wrote:
...the original Agents of SHIELD with characters such as Iron Man's dad.
Oh, I hope they can get Dominic Cooper to reprise the role. He's one of my favorite unsung actors.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Six, whatever happened with this? Did the project end up going?
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife