The Reel Society Of Film Critics Awards 2013

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Re: The Reel Society Of Film Critics Awards 2013

Post by JohnErle »

If he hasn't reached last resort status already, what's it going to take? How many hours have been wasted discussing the Buscemi problem? And is he getting better or getting worse? The way this forum has been dealing with him for YEARS is clearly not working. I think we're enabling him by allowing his behaviour to continue.

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

Boosh doesn't need to be kicked/banned, he just needs to be stripped of his mod status. He said so himself.
numbersix wrote:I don't want to tarnish my tough-guy reputation that I've steadily built on these forums.
Ah! Good point.
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

NSpan wrote:Boosh doesn't need to be kicked/banned, he just needs to be stripped of his mod status. He said so himself.
Then all we'd be doing is rewarding him for his behaviour by giving him what he wants and allowing him to feel like a big man for volunteering to be demoted.

I'm not advocating a permanent ban, just a cooling off period. He even says that might do him some good and I agree, but I doubt he has the willpower to do it himself, just like he didn't have the willpower to not delete someone else's thread because of an argument he started.

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

outside of abusing mod powers, he's not bothering me.

so that's my take on it.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I could swear I've had this exact same conversation about Buscemi in the past and nothing ever changes. Not him, not the way the forum reacts to him, nothing. I say it's time for a new approach, but I probably said that last time too. Fat lot of good it did. ;-)

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

Interesting Convo. I too think booshs mod powers should be taken away. However I don't see the point in banning him, after all he can just create another account.

As for booshs all around behaviour he just lives on his own little world. And it's up to each individual how much you let it bother you. It's like annoying itch, if you ignore it, it usually goes away, but if you itch it then it just itches more.

Boosh, I don't think anyone wishes you ill here. At least I personally don't. But I would advise you to step out of your little world, maybe watch a few less movies and go spend a few more hours helping others, volunteer at a soup kitchen, find creative ways to raise money for a good cause. I mean this in the nicest way possible but you take this place too seriously, we all have our own lives to live and this place is a little escape, a little hobby on the side of our hectic and busy lives.

And yes this place is much quieter than our fm boards or even our boards after that. But some credit has got to go to some folks for keeping us together so far. And I didn't want to say anything before it happened, but I've been trying to build something that would bring new life to these boards and these games, but I have a full time job and an almost full time social life so finding time to work on it isn't abundant. So it might not be anytime soon, but I personally still love playing our quaint little games and reading others reviews and I plan to for some time yet.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Good lord sounds like I missed a lot of fun :lol:
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Steve Buscemi would be PISSED to see his good name sullied like this.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

undeadmonkey wrote:
As for booshs all around behaviour he just lives on his own little world. And it's up to each individual how much you let it bother you. It's like annoying itch, if you ignore it, it usually goes away, but if you itch it then it just itches more.
When something itches, I usually just scratch it and it goes away. Dude, you should probably see a doctor about your skin condition.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

By the way, just TWO DAYS REMAINING. Those of the committee still to contribute are:

englishozzy
Geezer
Jas
NSpan
Shryke
SuperShaan
W

Still plenty more votes to be cast which will determine the outcome of the awards. If you want your say in ensuring Safety Not Guaranteed winning, get your ballots in ASAP.
Last edited by silversurfer19 on February 21st, 2013, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

You'll get my contribution today, Surfer.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

You'll get nothing and like it.

englishozzy
Clark Griswald

Post by englishozzy »

I will have it in for you tomorrow, i promise.
"Then telephone for an axe"

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I think I'll watch Safety tonight (it's on Netflix instant) then send my picks in.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Ok, thanks guys, I'll keep an eye out for them. Just the 24 hours remaining for submissions now though.