Movie title needed, Help!

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Movie title needed, Help!

Post by Donte77 »

A friend and I remembered a movie but can't think of the title so we can find it and watch it again. I figured someone on here HAS to know this movie.

The parts we remember were a boy trapped in a hotel by witches and he gets turned into a mouse. All the witches are beautiful ladies and then they take off their masks and wigs and they are ugly balding crones. This was probably in the 80s. So this kid/mouse is running around trying to fix everything while avoiding the witches and cats.

Anybody???
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

W
Norman Bates

Re: Movie title needed, Help!

Post by W »

imdb has a place specifically for this, so I'll throw it up there.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Donte, that's The Witches. Nicolas Roeg directed it and Anjelica Huston was the villain. Rowan Atkinson also had a supporting role in the film.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

I have used the forums on Turner Classic Movies website before for this sort of thing but I figured I could get a quicker answer here. I knew with the assembled geek knowledge here I could get an answer. Thanks Busci and W.

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Any more ball, er, brainbusters?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Well there is one that I never could get a definitive answer on from TCM.com forums. It was this older horror movie and a lady had bought this little evil statue. It was possessed or something and could control things. Only major scene I remember was her in a blue car (like an impala or chevelle type car) and the statue takes over driving and the car is flying down the highway and she is locked in. It crashes into something, like a building or a outdoor vendor pushcart, etc. Had to be a 60s or 70s movie since I saw it on late night tv when I was about 8-10.

Much more vague and ball-bustery. :)

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

That movie freaked me out as a kid

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

i saw a movie on tv when i was six... there was a cyclops and an egg... but it wasn't krull

GO!
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Was it one of those Sinbad movies?

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

That's what I was thinking 6. Like the older Harryhausen Sinbad or Jason and the Argonauts movies.

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

Wow.. after watching a clip from Sinbad of the Seven Seas (1989), i think that might actually be it... if so, i have my timeframe wrong--because i must've been older if we caught it on cable... anyway, i added that and Jason and the Argonauts to my netflix queue... thanks!

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

I used to love all those movies. I even liked the Lou Ferrigno Hercules movies...

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Donte77 wrote:Well there is one that I never could get a definitive answer on from TCM.com forums. It was this older horror movie and a lady had bought this little evil statue. It was possessed or something and could control things. Only major scene I remember was her in a blue car (like an impala or chevelle type car) and the statue takes over driving and the car is flying down the highway and she is locked in. It crashes into something, like a building or a outdoor vendor pushcart, etc. Had to be a 60s or 70s movie since I saw it on late night tv when I was about 8-10.

Much more vague and ball-bustery. :)
Sounds a bit like Trilogy of Terror from 1975. That had a statue as a major character (the Zuni Fetish doll).

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

that's what i thought at first--but doesn't all the action take place in her apartment?