Anybody else meet Anne Hathaway today?

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

frendo
Marty McFly

Re: Anybody else meet Anne Hathaway today?

Post by frendo »

Yeah, Havoc was not as good as Shut Up and Sing, which was an amazing doc, but I still liked it, despite it's flaws. Thought Rachel Getting Married was a great performance, actually. But, then again, I think Sasha Grey is an actress and that Megan Fox could be great with the right script, so what the hell do I know : ).

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I hate you

Edit: This is in response to the general topic of the post, not anything that was said after.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

Geezer wrote:I hate you

Edit: This is in response to the general topic of the post, not anything that was said after.
What the fuck does your post even mean?
Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? Trick question, dickhead. Lemmy is God - Chazz and Rex, Airheads

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

While its cool that you go to meet and talk to her, I personally am strongly anti-signature/photo with "famous" people because ultimately it professes some sort of valuation of celebrity as greater than the average person, which I am thoroughly against. So, in my opinion it is much more meaningful that you met her and got to converse, over posing for photos or getting signatures, the idea of needing to have proof of your meeting belittles the interaction.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I have anxiety issues so I'm too scared to meet actual celebrities. I'm afraid that I will make an ass out of myself.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

becs wrote:While its cool that you go to meet and talk to her, I personally am strongly anti-signature/photo with "famous" people because ultimately it professes some sort of valuation of celebrity as greater than the average person, which I am thoroughly against. So, in my opinion it is much more meaningful that you met her and got to converse, over posing for photos or getting signatures, the idea of needing to have proof of your meeting belittles the interaction.
That being said, I'd rather get a photo with a celeb than talk to them anyday. I think the exact opposite - that treating them like their only worth is in a photo or with a signature, this makes them sub-human. Which I'm all for.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

Buscemi wrote:I have anxiety issues so I'm too scared to meet actual celebrities. I'm afraid that I will make an ass out of myself.
You should tell movie-stars how you think their movies should have ended.

I hear they love that.
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

becs wrote:While its cool that you go to meet and talk to her, I personally am strongly anti-signature/photo with "famous" people because ultimately it professes some sort of valuation of celebrity as greater than the average person, which I am thoroughly against. So, in my opinion it is much more meaningful that you met her and got to converse, over posing for photos or getting signatures, the idea of needing to have proof of your meeting belittles the interaction.
Well said, Becs

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

Becs - I actually have a different philosophy on the subject. I don't bother "Celebrities" for an autograph and usually a photo when they are on their own time. If they are somewhere where they are supposed to be (Fill in the blank of celebrity name here), then I have no problem asking for something, but if they are out on the street, in a restaurant or even in a cartoon museum, that's their personal time, and if I was them, I wouldn't want to be bothered either.

Had I thought about it, I might have asked her for an autograph for our neighbors' daughter who loved both Princess Diaries movies. As for getting a photo as "proof of our meeting", I look at it as a reminder of the occasion. I don't think it places any greater valuation on them over what you call "An average person". Remember, the true definition of famous is "Well known amongst people who like that sort of thing", and I really don't think there is any difference between getting your picture taken with someone who is well known and getting your picture taken next to the Eiffel Tower. It's just a way of remembering an instant in time.
Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? Trick question, dickhead. Lemmy is God - Chazz and Rex, Airheads

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

Post by mateostarr »

I agree with Keyser.

What's funny is I was just talking to Becs the other day and showed her my photo with Daniel Day Lewis and she never mentioned to me that she was "anti photos with actors" otherwise I would not have shown it to her LOL. Taking a photo with an actor does not imply they are above humanity but the fact is these people are very talented and well known and if you enjoy their work then why not take a picture?

I met Anne at a screening of Rachel Getting Married last year. She is indeed very nice in person but so is every actor/actress/director/writer I ever met for the most part.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48346793@N00/4123067394/

P.S - We had a long chat with the Italians yesterday and found out some interesting revelations about the upcoming game they have been working on. I will update the thread I started in the other forum when I get a chance on what we learned yesterday.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Anne Hathaway looks attractive in person. Moreso than in the movies.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

KeyserSoze wrote:
Geezer wrote:I hate you

What the fuck does your post even mean?
It means that I'm jealous
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I'd be in Geezer's shoes but only if you had met Jennifer Connelly instead of Anne Hathaway.

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

mateostarr wrote:
What's funny is I was just talking to Becs the other day and showed her my photo with Daniel Day Lewis and she never mentioned to me that she was "anti photos with actors" otherwise I would not have shown it to her LOL. Taking a photo with an actor does not imply they are above humanity but the fact is these people are very talented and well known and if you enjoy their work then why not take a picture?
i was totally going to say something, but i didn't want to offend you, considering you had already shared the photo and all >.>

Keyser, I get your point, to me in those situations though people stand in a queue waiting to reach the famous person, often don't utter a word and move along once they have their picture/sig. While they will go on telling their children and grandchildren "This is the photo of when I met <blank>," they never actually met, they simply shared space for a few moments.
It is totally a personal belief, not anything I hold against others if they see fit to collect this kind of stuff. I have a hard time agreeing with anything that glorifies one person over another, whether they are a master of their craft or not, sure the skilled should be celebrated, but with actors in specific the tendency is toward desiring some kind pf personal ownership and involvement in their lives (which is where tabloids make their money). I may have a really amazing day at work and do some kick ass server fixing, but no one is going to want my autograph at the end of it, those we have achieved the fame that leads to this type of reaction often doesn't even require any sort of skill in the way of acting (in general those without skill are the ones more willing to pose with you eh...).
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

Post by mateostarr »

Becs you could not possibly offend me so please let me know what is on your mind at all times! I can have an intelligent discussion. In fact I like it better when people disagree with me on things than when they agree. When two people agree it makes for boring conversation.

Anyways. I wouldn't say those without skill are more willing to pose. In fact it's probably the exact opposite. Those without skill and created by the Hollywood system (Megan Fox prime example) usually become the most famous and wanted celebrities and are much less likely to sign or pose for a photo. The skilled for the most part are very genuine. There will always be a lot more people waiting to meet a Megan Fox or Jessica Alba than a Daniel Day-Lewis or Philip Seymour Hoffman. Then sometimes you get the combination of star power and skill like a Will Smith, Brad Pitt and George Clooney (all very nice guys from what I have seen and heard).

Sometimes it's a matter of just taking a photo and moving along and sometimes you have a chance to talk. I actually have a chance to talk more often than not because I meet people at Q and A's and they are just outside waiting while the credits run or they stick around after the Q and A. Even then though I dont feel like taking up a lot of their time. I could have had an entire conversation with David Fincher at the Ben Button screening last year or Josh Brolin at Milk but I don't really have a whole lot to say to these guys other than I think their work kicks ass lol. And that is basically what I did say.....

And you are right we all might be great at our jobs but no one sees us being great. Our daily routine is not televised or played in theatres. That being said Becs I am sure you are excellent at fixing servers and if I ever meet you I will undoubtedly ask for a photo with.