First words on New Moon

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

frendo
Marty McFly

Re: First words on New Moon

Post by frendo »

Hahahaha...agreed on that one, Geez.

Also, I believe it was becs who said that this one was more emo. How is that even fucking possible? The first one had a girl who was sulking the entire film and a vampire who "glittered like diamonds" (which is one of, if not the, stupidest thing I've ever heard)...

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

This entire book is her being emo and wanting to die over Edward running off and out of her life so as not to endanger her, so she somehow feels close to him through near death experiences... enjoy.. it is literally about 1000 pages of her mental process of deciding whether or not to kill herself.

I double checked, Italy/Edward doesn't really come into play until page FOUR HUNDRED TWENTY FOUR of 563, so pages 1-424 are basically all Bella being emo over Edward leaving.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Here's the big headline on Twilight fan sites right now: "Critics Are Stupid".

Is it because they've seen a real vampire movie? I wonder what the Twi-hards would be like if they watched Let The Right One In or The Hunger. Or even Near Dark (the real Twilight). They would probably be convinced that Edward Cullen and Bella Swan are just a bunch of hacks putting the Draculas and Lestats of the world out of work.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Geezer wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Because I like Twilight. I thought that was pretty clear...
But when you realized the first one was a pile of shit, why did you get your hopes up for this rapidly pushed out sequel?
The first answer also applies to this question.

Then again, maybe you just drop this whole problem you have with me liking Twilight. I get it - you don't like them. Fucking good for you.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Buscemi wrote:Here's the big headline on Twilight fan sites right now: "Critics Are Stupid".

Is it because they've seen a real vampire movie? I wonder what the Twi-hards would be like if they watched Let The Right One In or The Hunger. Or even Near Dark (the real Twilight). They would probably be convinced that Edward Cullen and Bella Swan are just a bunch of hacks putting the Draculas and Lestats of the world out of work.
My assumption is... and this is just a guess... My assumption is that they like the Twilight series and that really has nothing to do with liking any other film ever. I liked, say, Jury Duty, but it didn't make me feel one way or the other about 12 Angry Men. But, since they have a preference that is counter to yours and critics opinions, they aren't smart enough to know a "good" movie. This film entertains them like Transformers 2 entertained most of America, but I don't think that has anything to do with anything else in their lives.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

frendo
Marty McFly

Post by frendo »

Read earlier that in Ebert's review of the original (which I have not read myself yet), he says that Twilight is basically a metaphor for female chastity. Can you think of anything more demonic to put into a movie : ).

Actually, and I hate to say this, but in this day and age of 6th grade blowjob parties, that may not be a bad thing...

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
Geezer wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Because I like Twilight. I thought that was pretty clear...
But when you realized the first one was a pile of shit, why did you get your hopes up for this rapidly pushed out sequel?
The first answer also applies to this question.

Then again, maybe you just drop this whole problem you have with me liking Twilight. I get it - you don't like them. Fucking good for you.
But, you said you didn't like Twilight. You specifically said you didn't like New Moon, but it was better than the first one. My question was, where is this anticipation coming from if they have shown you nothing good with the franchise? But apparently someone's sparkly lover forgot to lube up last night.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

They come from the books. Goddamn, you're starting to annoy me with this shit.

Ha. Sparkly. Good one. :roll:

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Here's something weird I've noticed with the series: they keep changing the directors of these films but they keep the same writer (whose only other credit before these films was Step Up, another film produced by Summit). Either she's cheap or she did something really unmentionable to get the job to adapt the whole series.

Had a major studio picked up these films, you could see a name writer like John August writing the films and creating great in-name-only adaptations with them. Guillermo del Toro could direct, the budgets would be near $100 million and the films would be rated a hard R and full of graphic violence.

The Twi-hards would cry fowl over such an adaptation but the true horror fans would love them.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Like that was ever going to happen...

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

Buscemi wrote:Had a major studio picked up these films, you could see a name writer like John August writing the films and creating great in-name-only adaptations with them. Guillermo del Toro could direct, the budgets would be near $100 million and the films would be rated a hard R and full of graphic violence.

The Twi-hards would cry fowl over such an adaptation but the true horror fans would love them.
in that case, why even bother with the source material? it'd be a creative glass-ceiling
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

alyson
Juno MacGuff

Post by alyson »

Buscemi wrote:Here's something weird I've noticed with the series: they keep changing the directors of these films but they keep the same writer (whose only other credit before these films was Step Up, another film produced by Summit). Either she's cheap or she did something really unmentionable to get the job to adapt the whole series.

Had a major studio picked up these films, you could see a name writer like John August writing the films and creating great in-name-only adaptations with them. Guillermo del Toro could direct, the budgets would be near $100 million and the films would be rated a hard R and full of graphic violence.

I dunno if I count as a "Twi-hard" but I really enjoy the books and I would have been annoyed and disheartened if the movies had deviated drastically from the books. That being said, I wouldn't mind if 3 and 4 got a little more violent like the books.
Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.