Buscemi's 4,000th!

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Buscemi's 4,000th!

Post by Buscemi »

Yes. While we are nearing the one-year anniversary of the new formation of the Fantaverse, I end up reaching the 4,000 post milestone. It feels kind of like when DreamWorks made Shrek 2 the first open to ever open in 4,000 theatres: there is nowhere to go but further.

Right now, I feel a bit exhausted due to some plumbing troubles (my bathroom flooded because my dad hasn't had the septic tank emptied since 1991) but I feel well enough to create a post.

I had two things. First, I have a beef against the people who book films into Springfield. First, Wehrenberg Theatres decides not to book Chris Rock's Good Hair at their theatre due to the lack of an African-American population. However, the film gets booked into smaller and even whiter bread Cape Girardeau. My question to Wehrenberg: why? A movie like Good Hair is going to do even worse in Cape Girardeau than in would in Springfield. Also, that is a place where people don't even seem to go to movies (I've seen four movies there and none of the movies even got close to being a quarter full). However in Springfield, some people do like Chris Rock. I imagine that even one week on the film in the tiniest auditorium would have outgrossed half of the titles that run whiter bread Cape Fucking Girardeau.

Continuing the beef, I found that no theatres in my area are playing Precious on Friday. Not even in downtown College Station, which books a number of indie or challenging movies (along with the Moxie). Meanwhile, College Station is playing two prints of The Box. Once again, I understand the reasons but Precious has been promoted here since February. I imagine that you would have decent numbers on it just from all the people who know about the film from the constant stream of trailers playing before other indie films. Hopefully the Moxie picks it up and does Slumdog Millionaire numbers on it. That will show the megaplexes who think that two prints of The Box or Halloween II would outgross Precious.

And now the second thing. My list of the most anticipated movies of 2010. Counting down from 20 to 1, starting now.

20.Green Zone
19.Edge Of Darkness
18.Splice
17.Predators
16.The Other Guys
15.Born To Be A Star
14.I Love You, Phillip Morris
13.Grown-Ups
12.The Expendables
11.The Tree Of Life
10.Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part One
9.Machete
8.Iron Man 2
7.Tron: Legacy
6.The Wolfman
5.Kick Ass
4.Shutter Island
3.Hot Tub Time Machine
2.Inception
1.Toy Story 3

As for the rest of you, I will gladly accept you into the 4,000 club. Just sign in at the door and confirm yourself.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr