Full length movies on youtube?

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

Full length movies on youtube?

Post by mateostarr »

I just posted an entry on our blog about how I noticed that youtube has the entire Bram Stoker's Dracula available to watch. This is not the usual ten different videos of ten minute segments uploaded by someone but rather the entire two hours film uploaded as one video with commercials in between. Of course there are streaming movies in many different sites online but they are all illegal. This is the first legitimate full length film stream I have ever seen promoted by a top web site like Youtube. An interesting glimpse into the future of free movies on demand perhaps?

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: Full length movies on youtube?

Post by Buscemi »

This is part of a joint agreement between YouTube and Sony's Crackle streaming website. They have previously done limited window runs of Ghostbusters, Stripes, Groundhog Day and Taxi Driver as well as other Sony-owned movies and TV shows on YouTube.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

Post by mateostarr »

Wow very interesting. I have never seen any of those advertised on the home page of Youtube before. When were they up?

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Ghostbusters, Stripes and Groundhog Day were up in September. Taxi Driver was up in early October.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

I saw one of the studios had something similar on youtube, but all the movies were pretty crappy. Wish i could remember who it was, I want to say lionsgate.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

It was Lionsgate. They had Drugstore Cowboy and some straight-to-video movies up.