FantasyMovieLeague.com

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: FantasyMovieLeague.com

Post by Geezer »

I have the same slate, Chien. Here's hoping that the ladies come out for Friday/Saturday nights.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Well it seems we're doomed on this one Geez...
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Yeah... yikes these are bad numbers. There goes my hopes of ever reclaiming first place. Damned opening day numbers, movies should never open on Wednesday!

Hermit
Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Hermit »

Hello all, I found this place through a link on the FML chatter boards. I'm really enjoying the game and the chat.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Welcome Hermit! Always glad to see new members. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Hermit
Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Hermit »

Geezer wrote:Welcome Hermit! Always glad to see new members. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you, It's always nice to meet others who appreciate the strategy a game like FML offers.

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

Welcome aboard Hermit, glad to have you! This is the main thread we talk FML on but we play plenty of other games too.. you should take a look around if you get a moment!

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Welcome Hermit ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Hermit
Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Hermit »

Thank you both, and good luck to everyone this weekend.

Hermit
Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Hermit »

Interesting choices for bonus this week. I'm leaning towards Mad Max, but Avengers or possibly even Dope could sneak in there as well.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I'm not doing so good this season but I am surprised that I won the week (with Inside Out, 2 Jurassic Worlds, 2 Maxs, Spy and 2 Me and Earls). That's a Chuck Norris poker hand right there. Anyway, good week, second place Spectre (and congrats on passing Geezer).

This week, you've got to have Minions or you'll be left in the dust. The question is: how do you pick the other seven slots? Look like we will really feel how Bruce Bochy and Ned Yost felt when filling the All-Star rosters. Tired and forced to answer questions about why Kershaw got reduced to the Final Vote.

Edit: five Jurassic Worlds could work too but the question is "How much will it hold?". Assuming it loses just 30%, it still may not be enough to overtake one Minions. And I must wonder why Amy isn't in the game (seeing how it's expanding to the top 25-30 markets before hitting smaller markets on the 24th) but the nearly finished Age of Ultron is.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Buscemi wrote:Look like we will really feel how Bruce Bochy and Ned Yost felt when filling the All-Star rosters. Tired and forced to answer questions about why Kershaw got reduced to the Final Vote.
Sometimes I feel too French to understand what you guys talk about. ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

For the bonus this week, I'm thinking Minions could actually take it if it's big enough. If not, I can see Inside Out, JW or even something like Ted 2 taking it. All depends on the holds. The lower priced films have to hold in the 20%s to have a shot and I just don't know that they will.

It's definitely possible to build a slate without Minions but it's also very risky. Not sure if I'm willing to gamble like that.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Everyone join the "Second Half League?" They're giving a $100 Fandango card to the winner.

Also, Matthew Berry was on my favorite podcast and they created a league for it as well.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Chienfantome wrote:
Buscemi wrote:Look like we will really feel how Bruce Bochy and Ned Yost felt when filling the All-Star rosters. Tired and forced to answer questions about why Kershaw got reduced to the Final Vote.
Sometimes I feel too French to understand what you guys talk about. ;)
I have no idea what those sentences mean either, and the Frenchest thing about me is my unashamed love for carrying paper bags with baguettes sticking out of the top.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife