Will "Bumblebee" Suprise at the Holiday Box Office?

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: Will "Bumblebee" Suprise at the Holiday Box Office?

Post by numbersix »

Buscemi2 wrote:It's been suggested the content is the reason. Reportedly from those who have seen it, it's a very dark comedy with a lot of humor that could be seen as offensive. So basically, old people humor but more R-rated.
I read this too, which is really interesting. The critics who lean left are been kept away from the film which doesn't seem to be a comedy, but rather is funny because of Clint's character being inappropriate.

Isn't is fascinating to see how the US has changed. The Mule sounds very much like Gran Torino, a film with very right-leaning ideals (Nico, feel free to agree or disagree on that!), with humour in Clint's inappropriateness. Perhaps it can strike a similar chord with Middle America and surprise.

NicodemustheSage
Fletch

Post by NicodemustheSage »

Oh, I think I'll try and keep this environment the ONE place in my life that's politics-free, thanks. Clint's own Party affiliation is well-known, anyway.

--Nico.
I remain, as always.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

That's exactly what one of you [INSERT BASCIALLY ANYTHING] would say, wouldn't you ;)

NicodemustheSage
Fletch

Post by NicodemustheSage »

Consider it a sign of how much I value you lot. I try not to shit where I eat, sleep, or play. ;)

Besides, if anyone REALLY wants to know what I think, there's always Fecebook. :D

--Nico.
I remain, as always.