ReelSociety Forums

Your home for all Reel and Real discussions.

What Are You Watching Right Now? Episode 3 - Turtles in Time

Discuss past, present, and future releases. This is the place for news, reviews, and your 'best' lists.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Re: What Are You Watching Right Now? Episode 3 - Turtles in

Postby Buscemi2 » April 16th, 2018, 11:16 pm

I saw Wayne's World tonight. The DCP is sadly the home video version because of a certain rock group still refusing to budge on music rights (making an old 35mm print the only way to see the original version of the film) but it was still a fun experience because you got to quote along with the movie. And since I already know much of the script anyway, I took part.

I was surprised that most of the audience didn't stick around through the end credits. They did post-credit scenes before Marvel, you know!

In addition, three trailers (Action Point, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Super Troopers 2) were screened. I don't understand why people think Action Point looks funny.

Up next: The Jerk, followed by Super Troopers 1 & 2.
Buscemi2
Lt. Frank Drebin

Advertisement

Re: What Are You Watching Right Now? Episode 3 - Turtles in

Postby Buscemi2 » April 18th, 2018, 12:16 am

I watched The Jerk tonight. The magnum opus of Steve Martin's talents plays well on a big screen (the DCP looked good too) and it's kind of sad that we may never get a comedian-driven star debut of this caliber again, where so many talented people get a small budget and total creative freedom and create such a funny and sweet-natured film and in the process finds so much mainstream acceptance. I'm hoping the other three Steve Martin/Carl Reiner teamings get booked here in the near-future (Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid would look nice on a large screen).

Three trailers were also shown (Action Point, Deadpool 2, and a red band of Super Troopers 2).
Buscemi2
Lt. Frank Drebin

Previous

Return to General Discussion