SPEARE'S TIPS - Most Anticipated Films of Summer 2011

Mr. Columnist himself presents weekly analysis and tips.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: SPEARE'S TIPS - Most Anticipated Films of Summer 2011

Post by silversurfer19 »

When we in NZ will get some of these movies is anyone's guess, but from BOM's list for the summer, these are my top 12:

1. Super 8
2. The Tree Of Life
3. The Troll Hunter
4. X Men: First Class
5. Thor
6. Green Lantern
7. POTC 4
8. Captain America: The First Avenger
9. Submarine
10. Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark
11. Cowboys And Aliens
12. Hesher

jas8382
Jason Voorhees

Post by jas8382 »

My Most Anticipated Movies for This Summer
1. Super 8
2. Kung Fu Panda 2
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2
4. Thor
5. Friends with Benefits
6. Crazy, Stupid, Love
7.Cowboys and Aliens
8. X Men: First Class
9. Another Earth
10. Captain America: The First Avenger
11. One Day
12. Green Lantern

Honorable Mentions
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
The Beaver
Tree of Life

Movies That I Am Cautious to See
Pirates of the Caribbean 4
Cars 2
Transformers 3
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Bad Teacher
Hangover 2

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

Nice list, i know some people think this looks like a weak summer, but i think it's full of potential.

and i know i already put harry potter 8 as my top anticipated. but the new trailer is fantastic! it made me anticipate it even more.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I think this summer is solid, if not spectacular. There are only two absolute must see classic movies in the making that I am really anticipating (Super 8 and Tree Of Life), but the rest of my pickss are movies I would like to see very much. Maybe not so many tentpole draws, but certainly not a bad summer by any stretch.

jas8382
Jason Voorhees

Post by jas8382 »

I think this summer to me seems more interesting in the fact that I am probably more cautious than excited, because of a combination of the big franchises coming out this summer I felt burned by in previous summers (Transformers, Pirates, X Men, Planet of the Apes) and movies that are positioned as blockbusters that seem very interesting from the standpoint of seeing if mass audiences will embrace them because they may not be as popular as their counterparts or they seem just out there (Cowboys and Aliens, Green Lantern, Thor,Captain America etc...). Though this well make our summer leagues very interesting.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

You make a very good point. If, say the movies coming out were the sequels to the first Pirates, Transformers and X-Men movies, I'd be a little more interested, but you are right, we've been burned by the sequels so our anticipation is a little lower.

jas8382
Jason Voorhees

Post by jas8382 »

I think though that is what is going to make the summer leagues really interesting. Are we going to see Pirates, Transformers, and X-Men gross less than their predecessors because of the sequels that disappointed? Will Hangover II and Kung Fu Panda 2 exceed box office expectations because the originals were so well liked and that is going to give them an advantage? Will Super 8 really be this summer's Inception? Is there a breakout hit like The Hangover in this summer's slate of films? And ultimately what film will we look back as being the winner of this summer? So while I am very cautious from a film going standpoint, I still think this summer is going to lead to some exciting fantasy mogul leagues which makes me hopeful.