THE OFFICIAL 2011 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2011 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Post by Shrykespeare »

2011 SUPER LEAGUE MVP AWARD

Winner: Geezer

Well, we all figured as much. Congratulations, Geez. Very well done.

Based on the point system listed in the above post, here is how the Top 10 finished in points gleaned per tournament:

1. Geezer, 181.7
2. donnie, 160.0
3. aquamann2001, 146.7
T4. Chienfantome, 143.3
T4. undeadmonkey, 143.3
6. W, 136.7
T7. Brockster, 130.0
T7. pulpdogs, 130.0
T7. Scripps, 130.0
10. jas_8382, 128.3

Other notables:
11. silversurfer16, 126.7
T12. codeslinger, 116.7
T12. empire13, 116.7
T16. numbersix, 103.3
18. leestu, 96.7
20. Ron Burgundy, 90.0
T22. Shrykespeare, 83.3
T22. englishozzy, 83.3
27. Buscemi, 76.7
37. transformers, 43.3

I'll post a similar list for the Regulars Leagues as soon as the October-December leagues' final standings are posted.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Hell YES !!! I'm in the Top 5 !!! :o :shock: 8-) :D
Fluctuat nec mergitur

empire13

Post by empire13 »

that is awesome work! i love stats. thanks shryke. now, if i can only do better. maybe we(you) can carry this onward with P.O.Y. honors each year. :D Top 5 in 2012!

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I did a work up of the first year of super leagues and posted it on our intermediate homepage. I took everyone that made the final round of each tournament, took where they finished in each of the rounds that year, and put an inverted point total to each, then I tallied up each individual tournament and assigned an inverted point total to the order of finish for each. This rewarded both consistency and excellence across the formats. If you are curious of the results, here are the top 16 players when their point totals were combined from all tournaments:

1. Yours Truly ;) (what is this modesty you speak of?)
2. annyongob888
3. Supershaan
4. codeslinger
5. sean14307
6. Shryke42
7. Fixius
7. aquamann2001
9. Dranscht
10. delfinasu
11. ashkul88
12. TDslugger02
13. jas_8382
14. thomassi87
14. donniedarko
14. kompressor

I finished way ahead of the field, of course helped by the fact that I was the only one who made the final round of each of the 6 tournaments that year.

I would absolutely do this again, but sadly as Shryke has said, there are no records of the results! Next year, we should certainly make a copy of the results of each tournament (yes, Shryke, I'm going to ask you to do THIS as well... poor guy...)

Anyway, I have no doubt I would have come out on top of this year's field as well, no matter what measure we used. Its a nice bounce back from year two in which I struggled a bit, and it was W's year to reign if I remember correctly.

Its fun to look back at those names, but also kinda sad at the same time. How many of those usernames are still playing? Less than half, or have some changed names? Sad to see some of my best competition no longer in the game. No wonder Surfer has risen up the ranks to somewhat credible ;)
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Yeah, I kicked major ass in 2010 and a little into 2011 (which I think is how I ended up #6 last year).

We did one like the college football rankings once. It was pretty fun. We were going to do it every few months, but it never worked out. It'd be kinda fun to combine the two like they do in football.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

annyongob888... now THAT'S a name I haven't seen in a while!
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

That kid had skills, for sure. Always considered him my greatest rival back in the fantasy moguls days.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Weird to read these names from the past !
Fluctuat nec mergitur

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Man, for all the time I spend here I really should be upping my game.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Four and a half years playing and I'm almost cracking the top ten. By 2030 I might even be challenging Geezer. Watch out dude, I'm coming for you with my walking stick!!

donnie
The McMannus Brothers

Post by donnie »

redraider wrote:
W wrote:That would be ok, but make sure they're radically different pairings for the two tournaments (one ULT, one BO). I was going to try and make it (to the best of my ability) where no one will be able to play the same person in the first couple of rounds if possible.

We do have one spot left too, if you'd like to fill it.

Also, I've got to think of a tiebreaker scenario for both BO and ULT. I can foresee a ton of ties in the Ultimate tournaments considering there are four categories and winning two will result in a tie (most likely PTA + UR, T5 + $), so I was thinking something like the tiebreaker being PTA points + T5 points + UR/2 (or something like that) + Every $20 M = 1 pt (or something like that)...

In BO, (pretty much) the only way to tie is to pick the same slate, so I propose that whoever locks in their full slate in first gets the tiebreaker. They can still change it later, but if it's changed they won't have the tiebreaker anymore unless the other guy chooses their exact slate again.

I can take the last spot if you have no other volunteers. But based on my track record, my opponent will basically get a first round bye. I will gladly give up the spot to someone who will give you more competition.

I can make up some brackets where people wouldn't have the same opponent in the first two rounds. I'll do this after I finish my January slates if you want me to.
It's too late? :oops:

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

silversurfer19 wrote:Four and a half years playing and I'm almost cracking the top ten. By 2030 I might even be challenging Geezer. Watch out dude, I'm coming for you with my walking stick!!
Who knows, maybe your kid will be better than you by then ;)

redraider
Al Czervick

Post by redraider »

donnie wrote:
redraider wrote:
W wrote:That would be ok, but make sure they're radically different pairings for the two tournaments (one ULT, one BO). I was going to try and make it (to the best of my ability) where no one will be able to play the same person in the first couple of rounds if possible.

We do have one spot left too, if you'd like to fill it.

Also, I've got to think of a tiebreaker scenario for both BO and ULT. I can foresee a ton of ties in the Ultimate tournaments considering there are four categories and winning two will result in a tie (most likely PTA + UR, T5 + $), so I was thinking something like the tiebreaker being PTA points + T5 points + UR/2 (or something like that) + Every $20 M = 1 pt (or something like that)...

In BO, (pretty much) the only way to tie is to pick the same slate, so I propose that whoever locks in their full slate in first gets the tiebreaker. They can still change it later, but if it's changed they won't have the tiebreaker anymore unless the other guy chooses their exact slate again.

I can take the last spot if you have no other volunteers. But based on my track record, my opponent will basically get a first round bye. I will gladly give up the spot to someone who will give you more competition.

I can make up some brackets where people wouldn't have the same opponent in the first two rounds. I'll do this after I finish my January slates if you want me to.
It's too late? :oops:
I haven't posted the bracket yet so it's fine to give you the last spot.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

If raider (who seems to rather be the judge than a participant) says so, then you can have the spot he filled. And it seems ok with him.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

donnie
The McMannus Brothers

Post by donnie »

Thank you guys.