2010 SUPER LEAGUE Updates

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

2010 SUPER LEAGUE Updates

Post by Shrykespeare »

Okay, guys. As of today, the standings are current through 2/28. Here's how the Super Leagues are stacking up so far.

Ultimate Full Year

55 Players entered. So far, three players (Banks, Jwh and Jontom) have not responded to my e-mails about joining Round Two, so I assume they are dropping out.

Five players will be eliminated in each round of this tournament. With three players DQ'd, that means only the bottom two finishers in the standings will be eliminated as well.

The top three (3) players in Round One will earn IMs. Through 8/12 weeks, the three players on top are Geezer, NSpannaus and thswrestler.

Ultimate Half Year

45 players entered. So far, one player (Banks) has seemingly dropped out.

Nine players will be eliminated at the end of each round. The top two (2) players in Round One will earn IMs. Right now, the top two are geezer and Donte.

Box Office Full Year

61 players entered. So far, three players (Banks, chugs and Jck) have withdrawn.

Six players will be eliminated at the end of each round, which means for Round One, only the bottom three (3) will be eliminated along with the three who withdrew.

The top three (3) players in Round One will earn IMs. Right now, those three are thswrestler, JI and Compressor12.

Box Office Half Year

52 players entered. So far, two players (Banks and chugs) have withdrawn.

Ten players will be eliminated at the end of each round, which means for Round One, the bottom eight (8) will be eliminated along with the two who withdrew.

The top three (3) players in Round One will earn IMs. Right now, those three are thswrestler, JI and Rainman.

The following nine players have still not entered Round Three:

Alyson (all four)
binkley (all four)
Bounty Hunter (both FYs)
Dantic (all four)
delfinasu (all four)
J.I. (both BOs)
Noldcw (both FYs)
NSpannaus (Ult FY only)
Nycguy84 (all four)
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: 2010 SUPER LEAGUE Updates

Post by silversurfer19 »

erm. I know for definite that the BO full year is not up to date even to the 26th Feb, as I am listed with only $31m but I have both Percy Jackson and Shutter Island which would have been already out by then. My guess is that is still only backdated as far as 11th Feb, Percy Jackson's opening weekend. There may be more problems also, just that was the first one I noticed.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

UPDATES AS OF 3/9

All right, guys. I believe that at the moment, all league standings are current, up to and including this past weekend. If anyone has any discrepancies, please let myself or Manuela know.

So here is how each league looks with three weeks to go.

ULTIMATE FY Round One

In line for IMs: thswrestler, Geezer, Spectre

Withdrawn: BanksIsDaFuture, Jwh, Jontom
In trouble: too early to tell

ULTIMATE HY Round One

In line for IMs: Geezer, thswrestler
Withdrawn: BanksIsDaFuture

BOX OFFICE FY Round One

In line for IMs: thswrestler, delfinasu, Compressor12
Withdrawn: BanksIsDaFuture, chugsthemonkey, Jck

BOX OFFICE HY Round One

In line for IMs: Nycguy84, thswrestler, rainman
Withdrawn: BanksIsDaFuture, chugsthemonkey

donnie
The McMannus Brothers

Post by donnie »

Yes, now standings should be ok and including this past weekend.
Please let me know (mraimondi@live.it) if someone has errors in standings or if some slate disappears from the standings.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

What's going to happen to the people that are over budget? Are you going to subtract their last films, disqualify them, or let it go?

I'm just asking because I was looking at BOFYR1's standings and it looks like a lot of people are in the negative. It says I'm -$6 (I don't know how to make the Lira sign, lol), even though I'm at exactly $100. It's doing this for my HORSE leagues as well and I can't tell who's over and who's not.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

It sucks. The price tag that the site reads is not the one it should be. If someone wants to go in with a calculator and figure out who is really over budget, they are welcome to. But if you are certain that you are not over budget even though it reads that you are on the Standings page, don't sweat it.

Hopefully this glitch will be fixed soon.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

ugh, not even one bold mention, i need to step it up

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I've had one bold moment since the inception of the Super Leagues. I really just never seem to be very good at the games. Even when I pick what I think is a good slate I usually end up sub 20th! Still only one league win in almost 3 years...

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

sorry surfer, i guess i shouldnt be complaining i've won a few times

donnie
The McMannus Brothers

Post by donnie »

Standings updated at last week end.
Please, let me know if someone see errors. Thanks.

Wow... I love the "Dodgeball" league (for now...)

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

UPDATED STATS AS OF 3/16

Ultimate Full Year

Bounty Hunter has no dropped out of the tournament, which means four of the five eliminate-ees at the end of Round One have been established. All you have to do is NOT come in dead last, and you move on.

Right now the bottom three players (apart from Banks, who withdrew) are SuperShaan, pulpdogs and Nightbird. But all three of those players have three or four films still to come, which may make a huge difference when it comes to User Ratings.

The Top Three, who are vying for IMs, are completely different than they were a week ago. Geezer, NSpannaus and thswrestler have all given way, and Spectre, donnie and Donte now hold sway with two weeks to go.

Ultimate Half Year

Eight people (plus Banks) will be eliminated once the standings are complete. The ones in the most trouble seem to be NYCguy, who still hasn't entered Round Three or removed Clash of the Titans from Round One, along with Binkley, Nightbird and chugsthemonkey.

In line for IMs are Spectre and donnie, if they can hold on.

Box Office Full Year

Bounty Hunter withdrew from this tourney as well, which makes four that have done so. This means that only the bottom two finishers will be gone after one round.

Graywolf and codeslinger joined very very late, and are hoping to get out of the basement sustaining themselves solely on March movies. If they can pull themselves out, it might be Binkley or Kaspa going home early.

The Top Three spots, who will earn IMs, have changed completely. thswrestler, JI and Compressor12 are gone for the moment, replaced by delfinasu, W and Alyson.

Box Office Half Year

Besides the two with withdrew, the bottom eight will be saying goodbye in two weeks. Again, codeslinger and Graywolf have the most ground to make up, as do Binkey, Kaspa, Donte and Chien.

thswrestler, JI and Rainman have been ousted...now it's Aquamann, Scripps and Geezer (with Buscemi right behind) coveting those first IMs of the season.

Ultimate Regulars League - Dodgeball

The winner of this league seems to be either donnie or W. It all depends on how the last two weeks play out.

Box Office Regulars League - Grosse Point Blank

W has the lead for the moment, but it looks like Aquamann's roster has a little more energy left, and will probably take the lead next week.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Here's to hoping Our Family Wedding has a 75% drop and Cop Out Has about 30% (or less). :)
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

When are the regular leagues going to be up for April? Also, it sucks being near the bottom of Round One as I haven't received any passwords yet for Round Four even though it is highly unlikely I'll be eliminated as I'm pretty back loaded.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Don't feel bad, Surfer, I haven't sent the passwords for Round Four to anyone yet. I'm going to wait until the updates are done tomorrow, so I can get a better bead on who is definitely in and who is "on the bubble".

As for the Regulars leagues, those too will be up tomorrow. I promise.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Thanks Shryke, I'd just noticed that the Round Four leagues were up on the other site and guessed I just hadn't been included in the first round of emails with passwords.