One on One Tournaments

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

Re: One on One Tournaments

Post by W »

I'm sure I could do it that way, but in ultimate, wouldn't there be the possibility of someone finishing say seventh and eighth and the eighth place person actually winning the one on one?
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Yeah good point. You'd have to disregard the score board entirely and just compare individual categories. But it might be a better option if you are forced to join every league

donnie
The McMannus Brothers

Post by donnie »

This format is so cool that also the Italian players want to play. For this, we are looking if there is the way to organize this championship with a dedicated game page where at the beginning all brackets are inserted and, every week, the "one vs. one" match are updated automatically.

How you propose the scoring system?

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

The scoring system for BO is Total Box Office (of course).

Ultimate causes a bit of a problem because someone could win T5 and BO and the other person could win PTA and IMDB rating, and this could happen over and over and over again. So I thought of a formula like T5 pts + PTA pts + IMDb/2 + BO/$20 M. It could easily be tweaked one way or another and strategies would have to be tweaked during the seasons where box office is more plentiful. We could either convert the ultimate league into points with the formula above or use it as a tiebreaker, whichever you prefer. I feel using it as a tiebreaker makes it much more head to head myself.

It'd also make it a whole lot easier if you could tell who last made a change to their slate in the case of both picking the exact same slate. In that case, whoever locked it in first would win.

donnie
The McMannus Brothers

Post by donnie »

W wrote:The scoring system for BO is Total Box Office (of course).

Ultimate causes a bit of a problem because someone could win T5 and BO and the other person could win PTA and IMDB rating, and this could happen over and over and over again. So I thought of a formula like T5 pts + PTA pts + IMDb/2 + BO/$20 M. It could easily be tweaked one way or another and strategies would have to be tweaked during the seasons where box office is more plentiful. We could either convert the ultimate league into points with the formula above or use it as a tiebreaker, whichever you prefer. I feel using it as a tiebreaker makes it much more head to head myself.

It'd also make it a whole lot easier if you could tell who last made a change to their slate in the case of both picking the exact same slate. In that case, whoever locked it in first would win.
Ok. I agree.
Now I will report this to our techs and we'll see how to set this game.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Passwords have been sent out. Let's get ruthless.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Ha ha, this is going to be fun !! :D
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Forgot that I was playing 2 legends...lucky me.

empire13

Post by empire13 »

didn't receive a password in my e-mail as of yet.

empire13

Post by empire13 »

ignore my previous post. for some reason it went in my spam folder. i have retrieved it and all is okay with the world.

empire13

Post by empire13 »

to be clear, do slates lock? or, can changes be made throughout the three month frame as is normally possible.
Last edited by empire13 on January 30th, 2012, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I think changes may be made, but if you end up with an exact copy of your opponents line-up the first to select that slate gets priority if a draw is achieved. I may be wrong though...

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

No idea how we will know who actually locked it in first... Should be an observer we can send tentative slates to, that email could serve as an official "locked in" time stamp.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

silversurfer19 wrote:I think changes may be made, but if you end up with an exact copy of your opponents line-up the first to select that slate gets priority if a draw is achieved. I may be wrong though...
True.
Geezer wrote:No idea how we will know who actually locked it in first... Should be an observer we can send tentative slates to, that email could serve as an official "locked in" time stamp.
I could create a dummy email just for this and then I only have to check it in the unlikely event of a tie. I'm pretty much just trying to make sure that everyone looks at the other guys' slate when they change theirs.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

But we shouldn't even GET to look at the other guys' slate! That's like looking at the other half of the screen when you are playing a split screen game of Goldeneye!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude