THE OFFICIAL 2010 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2010 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Post by Shrykespeare »

Just for everybody's information, I have created the following December Leagues:

Mini-Super League Ultimate Round Two
Mini-Super League Box Office Round Two

Anyone can get in these, but if you aren't already in Round One as well, you may want to do so pronto.

Also:

Regulars Ultimate League - "Jeff Bridges" (chosen by codeslinger)
Regulars Box Office League = "Australian Movies" (chosen by Ron Burgundy)
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Just a question, why have this weekend's movies been locked already? Seems a little early for The King's Speech which doesn't open until Friday and I was planning to do a little shuffle with the movies coming out this weekend.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

You're right. I think it was originally scheduled to come out on Wednesday, but for some reason it was never changed in the system when it went to Friday. I've sent an e-mail to Manuela to see if it can be changed. I'll try to keep you posted, surfer.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Thanks Shryke, it's not a big deal, but I just like to play around with my slate a little before the deadline usually, and although I forgot that most movies opened on Wednesday this week, I thought I could at least maybe look at The King's Speech as an option.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

The King's Speech has been changed to Friday. IF you want it, you now have one day to decide.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Friday Update (Box Office tournaments):

In the Box Office FY, the bottom six are what comprise the RZ. The two currently in last place, jas and Six, are most likely out. Everyone else currently in the RZ (Spectre, Facedown, wcrew2000, Johnerle) all currently have IMs. Based on everyone's current lineup, I think it's likely that that this is how the season will end, with one exception: Pulpdogs, who was in first place a couple of weeks ago, is a good bet to fall all the way to the bottom, because he was the only one in the entire field NOT to pick Harry Potter. All HP needs to do to put in in the RZ is to make $32 million.

In the Box Office HY, it's a little dicier. The bottom six in the standings at the moment are more than likely out: Facedown, jas, Empire13, DDR12, Ron Burgundy, and Spectre. Everyone else in the league definitely has Harry Potter, so that's a wash. Keysersoze, silversurfer and thswrestler are all in the RZ right now, but their lineups have a little more oomph left in them (they all have Megamind and Due Date, and Keyser also has Love and Other Drugs), whereas the three people above them (leestu, Graywolf and Six) merely have Megamind, Skyline, or both.

Only three people have IMs (codeslinger, cdelgado6, Scripps), so obviously they will qualify for the final round. W is in the best position to finish first in the round. transformers and Kompressr look to be safe, and Geezer probably has enough bucks earned to make it as well.

Good luck, everyone!

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

After Sunday Estimates:

Box Office FY Round Nine

RZ (eliminated): Pulpdogs, jas_8382, numbersix
RZ (saved by IM): Facedown, wcrew2000, Johnerle

In the final round: codeslinger, Geezer, W, transformers, delfinasu, Graywolf, Kompressr, mutard7, Scripps, Aquamann2001, silversurfer, donnie, thswrestler160, Compressor12, Spectre, Facedown, wcrew2000, Johnerle

Box Office HY(2) Round Four

RZ (definitely eliminated): thswrestler160, Spectre, Ron Burgundy, DDR12, Empire13, jas_8382, Facedown
On the bubble: numbersix, Graywolf, silversurfer19

Definitely in the final round: W, codeslinger, cdelgado6, Scripps, Geezer, transformers, Kompressr, leestu, Keyser Soze

Six, surfer and Graywolf are separated by less than $2 million after the estimates. It will come down to the actuals, and only whoever finishes in first of the three will move on to the final round.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

After the Sunday actuals are factored in, here is how the bubble looks:

Graywolf - $586,649,971
numbersix - $586,628,774
silversurfer - $584,048,046

So Graywolf is above the line, and Six is eliminated by a margin of $21,197. Holy freakin' shit, that's close. That is a margin of .0036%. That may be the closest cut in the game's history. Sorry, Six.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

SUPER LEAGUE SEP-NOV STANDINGS (FINAL STANDINGS)

Ultimate FY Round Nine

Round Winner: Fixius
Eliminated: silversurfer, JackO, Donte77, thswrestler160
Saved by IM: Chienfantome

Moving on to the Championship Round: Aquamann2001, Chienfantome, codeslinger, donnie, Fixius, jas_8382, kblane, leestu, Pulpdogs, Scripps, Shrykespeare, Slade605, Spectre, transformers, W

Ultimate HY(2) Round Four

Round Winner: Fixius
Eliminated: silversurfer, SuperShaan, Chienfantome, JackO, Shrykespeare, Brockster, Donte77
Saved by IM: leestu, Facedown

Moving on to the Championship Round: Aquamann2001, donnie, englishozzy, Facedown, Fixius, jas_8382, kblane, leestu, Slade605, Spectre, Walleye413

Box Office FY Round Nine

Round Winner: W
Eliminated: Pulpdogs, jas_8382, numbersix
Saved by IMs: Facedown, wcrew2000, Johnerle

Moving on to the Championship Round: Aquamann2001, codeslinger, Compressor12, delfinasu, donnie, Facedown, Geezer, Graywolf, Johnerle, Kompressr, mutard7, Scripps, silversurfer, Spectre, thswrestler160, transformers, W, wcrew2000

Box Office HY2 Round Four

Round Winner: W
Eliminated numbersix (by less than $25,000), silversurfer, thswrestler160, Spectre, Ron Burgundy, DDR12, jas_8382, Facedown, Empire13

Moving on to the Championship Round: cdelgado6, codeslinger, Geezer, Graywolf, KeyserSoze, Kompressr, leestu, Scripps, transformers, W

Regulars Ultimate League (SEP) - "Jason Robards"

Winner: codeslinger (two Ultimate Regulars victories in a row)
2nd Place: Aquamann2001
3rd Place: jas_8382

Regulars Box Office League (SEP) - "Austin Powers"

Winner: W (his fifth Regulars Box Office victory, which is more than anyone else)
2nd Place: Keyser Soze
3rd Place: codeslinger

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Just a question Shryke, I understand I've been eliminated from Ult FY Round 9, but did Kblane have an IM, as we had exactly the same score yet I was eliminated and him not?

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

silversurfer19 wrote:Just a question Shryke, I understand I've been eliminated from Ult FY Round 9, but did Kblane have an IM, as we had exactly the same score yet I was eliminated and him not?

:D :) :( :o :shock: :roll: :oops:

Yikes. I didn't even notice that. Since you finished in a tie for the last spot, it means you are not eliminated. I am so glad you caught that!

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Me too!!

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

SUPER LEAGUE OCT-DEC (FINAL ROUND) STANDINGS (2 weeks left)

Ultimate FY Round Ten

Current Leader: silversurfer, with an 8.5-point lead over Pulpdogs.

The King's Speech just keeps on going. Tron Legacy's 5 Top 5/4 PTA/$44M OW turned out to be terrific for some people. And Rabbit Hole brought in respectable numbers.

Surfer increases his lead, but he's out of movies now, and has only PTA generators left. Fixius has a good chance to take over the lead next week, assuming that Little Fockers scores an easy OW victory (he has King's Speech, too). kblane is the only other slate remaining without a blip.

Ultimate HY(2) Round Five

Current Leader: FaceDown, with a 5-point lead on Walleye413.

It's tough to argue with Facedown's chances, given that he's in first place and still has one film left to come out. He's assembled nearly a perfect slate, and has 1st place in the BO and Top 5 categories locked up. If Tron Legacy holds well and Another Year debuts strongly, I can't see anyone beating him.

Box Office FY Round Ten

Current Leader: Aquamann2001, with a $34.9M lead on Geezer

Aquamann is looking like the victor. Geezer has Tangled, but that film doesn't have much momentum left. I doubt that Tron Legacy can earn the $80M necessary for surfer to catch up in only two weeks. And it will take Little Fockers managing $100M+ in 12 days for transformers to pull off the upset.

Box Office HY2 Round Five

Current Lader: Geezer, with a $5.4M lead on KeyserSoze.

Geezer passes Keyser as predicted, probably for good. His only real competitors now are W ($25M back with True Grit), codeslinger ($46M back with Tron Legacy), and leestu ($81M back with Little Fockers).

Regulars Ultimate League (OCT) - "TV Cartoons That Shouldn't Be Made Into Movies"

Current Leader: transformers, 1/2 point ahead of Chien, 1 point ahead of theantman and 1 1/2 points ahead of brockster. Holy shit, that's close!! I can't call a winner!

Regulars Box Office League (OCT) - "Adam Sandler"

Current Leader: transformers.

Wow. Could this season feature a tranny double whammy?

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

The term "tranny double whammy" just doesn't sound right...I just threw up a little.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I wouldn't bet against Tron just yet. $80m in two weekends (and two weeks) seems possible for me. Unlikely, as I think it'll probably only bring in $65m, though I too have the remaining strong legs of Tangled, I'm glad to still be in the running.