THE OFFICIAL 2010 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2010 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Post by Shrykespeare »

I am still waiting for Manuela to add a "2011" option on the drop-down screen for the creation of leagues, which is essential if we're going to create leagues for next year. As of now, 2009 and 2010 are still the only options. Hopefully in the next few days.

I'll also probably create a new thread for 2011, separate from this one.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

The updates haven't happened yet, but I've done some of the numbers by hand, and here is what I've figured regarding the two Box Office Super Leagues.

Full-Year

Aquamann is still in the lead, with a $26M lead on Geezer and surfer. Aquamann has no films currently in the Top 10, but could pick up a few more million over the next week since King's Speech is now up to 700 locations. Geezer has only Tangled left, and is unlikely to catch up. Surfer still has Tron Legacy, but that film will likely fall short of the $30M he'll need to catch all the way up. The person with the best chance of catching Aquamann is W, who is $28.1M behind and has True Grit. If that film's next seven days can match its first five, he's got a chance.

Half-Year

W's slate in this tourney is identical to his FY slate. So is Geezer's. Fortunately for W, however, Aquamann is no longer in this tournament, which means that he is probably going to pass Geezer for the outright lead in the next day or so, bolstered by True Grit. No one else is close enough or has the horses left to make a run at it.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I have a feeling it's Aquamann's win in the FY, I still have both Tron and Tangled to help me catch him, but I just feel Tron is running out of legs a little too soon. W could catch him, but he'd need True Grit to hold strong in it's second weekend.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

silversurfer19 wrote:I have a feeling it's Aquamann's win in the FY, I still have both Tron and Tangled to help me catch him, but I just feel Tron is running out of legs a little too soon. W could catch him, but he'd need True Grit to hold strong in it's second weekend.
I don't think so... I think it'll have to do more than hold strong. It'll probably have to have a bigger weekend than its opener, which is possible (not probable) considering its positive word of mouth (from the ratings I've seen at least).
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Going by Monday's numbers, I'd say it's going to be very tight between the three of us. I'd say with The King's Speech for Aquamann, me having Tron and Tangled, and with you having True Grit I'd say we are all in with a shout of a win as I see around $675m as each of our totals. It all depends on how each movie holds though, and I really couldn't say which will hold best. Going to be an exciting 6 days though!

donnie
The McMannus Brothers

Post by donnie »

Hi guys,

Italian people say "Non dire gatto se non ce l'hai nel sacco" (that is something like "Don't say cat if you don't have him in the bag").

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Through Wednesday's numbers, here is how the Box Office FY stands (estimates):

$677,441,270 - silversurfer (Tangled, Tron Legacy)
$668,240,250 - donnie (Little Fockers, True Grit)
$668,138,803 - Aquamann (King's Speech)
$666,183,530 - W (True Grit)

Since King's Speech is never going to keep up with any of the films next to surfer's and donnie's name, I think that Aquamann is out of it. And W is now mathematically unable to keep up with donnie, so that makes this a two-horse race.

In the BO HY, I think W is the comfortable winner.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Yikes, where did he come from? I hadn't looked that far down the league to see any late comers! Looks like he'll probably have me for it at the final hurdle, his two movies are catching me by around $4m per day. So by the start of the weekend he'll probably overtake me and ensure my winless streak in a game on here continues over the 3 years and 8 months it already is...

And I thought I may finally break my duck too...

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

donnie is actually a she; donnie is Manuela, our liaison to the Italian leagues/site.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Box Office FY update through Thursday's estimates:

$689,215,254 - surfer
$684,457,530 - donnie
$683,134,800 - Aquamann

After Friday's numbers, it'll be even tighter.

donnie
The McMannus Brothers

Post by donnie »

Shrykespeare wrote:Box Office FY update through Thursday's estimates:

$689,215,254 - surfer
$684,457,530 - donnie
$683,134,800 - Aquamann

After Friday's numbers, it'll be even tighter.
Ooooh yes,
I like these estimates!

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I think it's a forgone conclusion now, there is no way my Tron and Tangled can keep pace with True Grit and Fockers, Donnie will probably win this by $20m or so. I had just thought surely with almost 4 years of playing this game my luck would finally change. Guess not....

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Still, 2nd place after a year's worth of work is nothing to sneeze at. Beats being cut!

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Hey, I'm not knocking it, I'd have just thought after almost 4 years of playing the game I would have won at least ONE game, considering I play Ult, BO and the regulars. Maybe I need to employ a different strategy.. I'm doing well in both FY tournaments though so maybe it's just a little tweaking, or maybe I should just copy Geezer's slates, he always seems to win at least 5 games per year...

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I'm just happy to be out of the cellar. When I started the final round with Morning Glory and Skyline it didn't look good.