THE OFFICIAL 2010 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

THE OFFICIAL 2010 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Post by Shrykespeare »

Fellow Fantaversians:

2010 will mark the beginning of a brand new era of fantasy movie gaming for the Fantaverse. No more e-mailing your rosters to me, no more checking the Message Boards for standings, from now on, all roster changes will be quick, easy and painless, thanks to our stalwart friends in Italy.

Last year, when I prepared myself for the onslaught of work that was the 2009 Super Leagues, I specified that every player had to pre-register in order to participate. This time, however, the procedure will be a little bit different. For Round One of the four leagues that are starting in January:

Ultimate Full-Year
Ultimate Half-Year (1st Half)
Box Office Full-Year
Box Office Full-Year (1st Half)

Once the leagues are able to created, I will do so, and mail the relevant passwords to every single person on my e-mail list, and they can choose to enter whichever tournaments they want. I want to encourage participation, and with the start of this new Golden Age, I don't want to bog down the onset with procedure. However, once the tournaments get going in earnest, all FUTURE rounds will a little less widespread, and only those who have signed up will receive e-mails with the relevant passwords. We'll go from there. I'm sure there will be a few tweaks that have to be made en route, but I'm sure things will be so much better than they were before.

For the Regulars leagues, those will be made Public, not Private, open to anyone. The same rule will apply: win the league, and you get to pick the "theme" of the following month's league. This is a gentlemen's rule, which I'm sure not everyone will follow, but it's no big deal. I will continue to update the Nov-Jan and Dec-Feb Regulars leagues on the Message Boards (in their usual threads) until their conclusion.

However, there is one thing that I am going to need help on, and I am counting on a lot of you to do so. Since we are going to have the ability to set our own prices, I would like to continue to do so in the same way we've been doing it: a bunch of you send me a pricing scheme, wherein I throw out the highest and lowest total(s), and average the rest. The most number of people I had do this for any one month was 13, and the fewest was 7. I am hoping that with the new MMG games starting, I can get a lot more volunteers.

To that end, if you would like to volunteer your services for joining our monthly "pricing panel", please do so on this thread. If you think you can fulfill this function every month, say so. If you think you can only do so occasionally, depending on your schedule, say so. I can assure you, no help will be refused. Just be clear that if you volunteer, you need to come up with a pricing scheme for BOTH games (Ult and BO), not just one, so if you are the kind of player who habitually only plays one type of game and eschews the other, you probably shouldn't volunteer.

So that's it. Write your name down on this thread, and rest assured, you will be hearing from me very soon. I've already got a preliminary list of movies set up for the January-March season, and have only to send it out.

Thanks, all! Let the games begin!
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2010 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Post by numbersix »

Count me in!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

My problem is that I forget. I will try not to.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I'm in.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

i'll help

jas8382
Jason Voorhees

Post by jas8382 »

I can continue to help.

englishozzy
Clark Griswald

Post by englishozzy »

Youre stuck with me still :P
"Then telephone for an axe"

delfinasu
Al Czervick

Post by delfinasu »

So... when the new show begins?? :geek:

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Begin it will today or tomorrow. Assume I do. :)

Pricing lists were supposed to be in by Saturday night/Sunday morning, so I guess Shryke will send it in sometime today and when the Italians get it up, it'll be up. They've been very good with getting leagues running with more than enough time to spare.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I just sent my price list. Pickings are slim this time.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Well, good news, bad news:

Bad News - It looks like the Super Leagues may not be created today after all. Manuela is down with H1N1 (don't worry, it's not too serious), and she has not heard from the tech guys. She has told me to be ready, though.

Good News - since it looks like 1/1's only film, Case 39, will not be included in the January leagues, that means the leagues won't actually start until 1/8, which gives us another full week to get things started.

Rest assured, the moment I hear about new developments, I will inform all of y'all.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I will help on the pricing panel when i can.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

You mean from month to month? Because I think January's is already done.

dereksdontrun12
Napoleon Dynamite

Post by dereksdontrun12 »

I'd like to join the next league too; add me to the list!

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Okay, folks, Round One is now complete, and here is a list of all those who were cut following the January leagues, as well as those who earned IMs.

Note: All those who have been eliminated will have all of their R2, R3 and R4 slates removed, so as to keep intact the accuracy of the standings. In the case of myself, who has been eliminated in the UltHY (sob), I'll see if Manuela can simply keep me in the league but wipe out my slates, just so I can keep tabs on the standings from here on out.

Ultimate Full-Year

IMs: Spectre, Scripps, Slade605
Cut: BanksIsDaFuture, Bounty Hunter, Jontom, Jwh, SuperShaan (all w/d)

Ultimate Half-Year

IMs: Aquamann2001, Spectre
Cut: BanksIsDaFuture (w/d), Binkley, Walleye413, Nightbird, Nycguy84, Shrykespeare, Jake07, chugsthemonkey, thswrestler

That's right, I've been cut. God. Dammit.

Box Office Full-Year

IMs: Aquamann2001, delfinasu, W2
Cut: BanksIsDaFuture, Bounty Hunter, chugsthemonkey, Jck (all w/d), Binkley, Keyser Soze

Box Office Half-Year

IMs: Scripps, Aquamann2001, undeadmonkey
Cut: BanksIsDaFuture, chugsthemonkey (both w/d), transformers2, Binkley, akibaali, Donte77, wcrew2000, J.I., codeslinger, NYRobAZ

Regulars Box Office - "Grosse Point Blank"

Winner: undeadmonkey
Silver: Aquamann2001
Bronze: Alyson2

Regulars Ultimate - "Dodgeball"

Winner: Aquamann2001
Silver: W2
Bronze: donnie

Wow. MVP for January definitely goes to Aquamann. IMs in every league but the Ult FY, and a win and 2nd place in the Regulars. Holy s--t! Well done, Aqua!