THE OFFICIAL 2010 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2010 FANTASY GAME THREAD

Post by Donte77 »

Shrykespeare wrote:Eliminated: J.I., audreytheconqueror, Donte77, Buscemi. codeslinger and Compressor12 lose their IMs.
I saw that one coming. No hope without TS3.
Shrykespeare wrote:Eliminated: Geezer, Buscemi, chugsthemonkey, mutard7. Donte loses his IM.
Basically if you did not pick Toy Story and Inception, you were fucked for Top 5.

Bad league final for me.
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

SUPER LEAGUE JUL-SEP STANDINGS (3 weeks left)

Ultimate FY Round Seven

In line for an IM: Empire13

In the RZ: Kompressr, Shrykespeare*, Jacko, delfinasu, Chienfantome*
* = Has an IM

Ultimate HY(2) Round Two

In line for an IM: Donte77. Leestu (currently in 1st) already has one.

Pulled out: bestfilm
In the RZ: Swarehouse, cdelgado6, Kompressr, Geezer, redraider, undeadmonkey, JackO, Fixius

Box Office FY Round Seven

In line for an IM: Geezer already has one, but has identical slates with jas, with one exception. If Legendary can outgross The Extra Man ($300K), which seems likely given that Legendary will be in about 200 theaters, jas will take over first place.

In the RZ: delfinasu*, undeadmonkey, Shrykespeare*, brockster, Samiam1000. Given the gap between the five of us and everyone above us, as well as the prospects of what is left in September, this bottom 5 seems unlikely to change.
* = has an IM

Box Office HY2 Round Two

In line for IMs: cdelgado6, who has an identical slate as Geezer (who already has one).

In the RZ: Aquamann2001, SWarehouse, Fixius, englishozzy, Supershaan, delfinasu, Shrykespeare, binkley, Samiam1000, brockster

Christ, I'm having a bad July season.

Regulars Ultimate League (JUL) - "Movies That Need Sequels"

Currently in 1st: leestu

Regulars Box Office League (JUL) - "Knocked Up"

Currently in 1st: jas, who looks the likely winner given his comfortable lead.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Christ, I'm having a bad July season.
ditto. looks like I'm out for both of the box office leagues. that's what i get for not picking inception.

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

I didn't think Inception had a chance. Intelligent movies in America are hit or miss. LOL

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Intelligent movies in America are hit or miss.
I know. I mean who would have thought America would get Paul Blart: Mall Cop???

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

SUPER LEAGUE JUL-SEP STANDINGS (2weeks left)

Ultimate FY Round Seven

In line for an IM: Empire13

In the RZ: Kompressr, Shrykespeare*, Chienfantome*, Thomassi, Scripps*
* = Has an IM

Ultimate HY(2) Round Two

In line for an IM: Spectre. Leestu (currently in 1st) already has one.

In the RZ: Swarehouse, Geezer, undeadmonkey, Kompressr, cdelgado6, Fixius, redraider, aquamann2001

In line for an IM: Geezer.

In the RZ: delfinasu*, undeadmonkey, Shrykespeare*, brockster, Samiam1000.
* = has an IM

Box Office HY2 Round Two

In line for IMs: cdelgado6, who has an identical slate as Geezer (who already has one).

In the RZ: Aquamann2001, SWarehouse, Fixius, englishozzy, Supershaan, binkley, Samiam1000, delfinasu, Shrykespeare, brockster

Currently in 1st: jas, who looks to win a Regulars league in back-to-back months after winning the Ultimate Regulars last time.

donnie
The McMannus Brothers

Post by donnie »

Hi guys,

Shryke suggested me to inform you that we have a new scoring system for the IMDB rank, and it's already running in the current Leagues.

The system is a simple average: when the league starts (the first day of the league) the "mogulator" reads and saves from IMDB all votes of those movies that have already a score, but less than 400 votes. For example, Jack goes boating, at the 9/01, had a score of 9. We registered "9". In addition, when a movie obtains a vote during the league (at any moment, regardless if it is released or not released), we register and save that vote (if with less than 400 votes). For example, The king's Speech, a couple of days ago, obtained his first IMDB score: 9.2 and less than 400 votes. We saved that "9.2". During the League, when we update, the system calculates the simple average between the first vote saved and the actual vote that the movie has in the week that we are updating.
For example, in the next update, the system will assign to Jack goes boating, the average between 9 and the vote of next Tuesday, and so on for the next weeks.
When finally The King's Speech will be released, the system will assign the average between 9.2 and the actual vote that the movie will obtain in all these days.

This system runs only for movies with less than 400 votes, because we think that just these movies can be manipulated by creating a lot of fake accounts on IMDB. We hope to discourage the players that adopted this behaviour in past leagues: the average mitigates all extremes (votes) and makes useless this practice.
I hope that our efforts for this new system will look good to you.
Bye!

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Well, if you're willing to put all that effort into it, then fine. But there's really no need. There's no money at stake so I doubt any of us has the time to create lots of fake accounts and vote for films on IMDB. Besides, by the time a film is released there' already enough votes to prevent the rating to be seriously affected by fake accounts. A nice idea, but not necessary in my opinion.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I'd rather have something that combines IMDb scores with Rotten Tomatoes scores then divides the two into a single score.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Yeah um.... I really don't think anyone takes this game THAT seriously to create fake IMDB accounts to bring down a score. Hell, I don't think anyone takes this game more seriously than I do (and I have the track record to prove it) and I find that utterly absurd, its just unnecessary work.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Geezer wrote:its just unnecessary work.
Hell I can barely make a slate and follow it let alone do extra work to cheat. LOL Laziness overcomes competitive spirit in me.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Well said, everybody. Who knows, maybe in Italy there are underground fantasy-movie rings where under-the-table shenanigans abound, complete with ballot-stuffing conspirators who meet in shadowy alleys for the purpose of driving Tyler Perry's User Ratings into the ground.

:D :P :shock: :o

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

SUPER LEAGUE JUL-SEP STANDINGS (1 week left)

Ultimate FY Round Seven

In line for an IM: no one. Current leader Spectre already has one.

In the RZ: Shrykespeare*, Thomassi, W*, thswrestler160, Chienfantome*
* = Has an IM

Thing is, all five of us in the RZ have at least one more movie coming out. There could be a lot of movement next week, since the four players right ABOVE the RZ (Kompressr, Slade605, Brockster, delfinasu) are now all out of movies and have nowhere to go but down.

Ultimate HY(2) Round Two

In line for an IM: Spectre. Leestu (currently in 2nd) already has one.

In the RZ: Swarehouse, Geezer, undeadmonkey, cdelgado6, redraider, W, Walleye413, Fixius

Of the above, Swarehouse, UDM, cdelgado and redraider are definitely finished. Above the RZ, Nightbird is doomed, and Kompressr, Slade605 and Jake07 are in danger as well.

In line for an IM: Geezer.

In the RZ: delfinasu*, brockster, Samiam1000, undeadmonkey*, Shrykespeare*, jjtkaze.
* = has an IM

Of the above, only jjtkaze has a chance to extricate himself. Given that he has LOtG this weekend and is only $13 million behind Frendo (who only has RE:A still going), that will probably happen.

Box Office HY2 Round Two

In line for IMs: cdelgado6, who has an identical slate as Geezer (who already has one). Compressor12 could also snatch first place away if The Other Guys can outgross Salt by $2 million over the final seven days.

In the RZ: Aquamann2001, SWarehouse, Fixius, Supershaan, englishozzy, binkley, Samiam1000, delfinasu, brockster, Shrykespeare

There is a $38 million gap between me (at the top of the RZ) and the person above me, so it looks like this is all over but the shouting for us. Crap, I hate being eliminated.

Currently in 1st: jas

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Re: Box Office FY R7...

jjtkaze3 needs Guardians to outgross Res Evil 4 by $13.4M over Sat/Sun to avoid elimination. If it does, Frendo is out.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

SUPER LEAGUE JUL-SEP STANDINGS (FINAL STANDINGS)

Ultimate FY Round Seven

Winner: Spectre (already has an IM)

Eliminated: Brockster, Kompressr, Thomassi
Lose their IMs: Shrykespeare, Slad605

Ultimate HY(2) Round Two

Winners: Spectre (receives an IM), leestu (already has one)

Elminated: bestfilm, SWarehouse, undeadmonkey, cdelgado6, redradier, Geezer, W, Nightbird, Kompressr

Winner: Geezer (already has an IM)

Eliminated: brockster, SamIAm1000, jjtkaze
Lose their IMs: Shrykespeare, undeadmonkey, delfinasu

Box Office HY2 Round Two

Winner: cdelgado6 (earns an IM), Geezer (already has one)

Eliminated: aquamann2001, Swarehouse, Fixius, SuperShaan, englishozzy, binkley, SamIAm1000, delfinasu, brockster, Shrykespeare

Eliminated in one tournament, lost my IMs in two others. Thank God that season's over.

Winner: Leestu
2nd Place: Empire13
3rd Place: JackO

Winner: jas_8382
2nd Place: Donte77
3rd Place: Bernox