HSX team game

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

Re: HSX team game

Post by W »

Why is this so low? http://www.hsx.com/security/view/GOTGX.BW

Am I getting this right? It's going to cash out gross-$240 M at 12 weeks. It's currently in 10th week of release with $319 M, which would put it at $79 right now and it's $41.xx. It should cash out at $90-ish in 2.5 weeks. So why is it so low right now?
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

This is common with Blockbuster warrants. Often it's because they're sold off to buy stocks with a higher gain (eg Guardians 2) as you can only buy 20000 shares max, or else people simply forget about them. But yeah, if you still haven't bought them get em.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

yup, I make a good chunk of change on these regularly. Maleficent was great.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Anyone else have American Sniper on their roster? Because it jumped only about 129 dollars today! I bought it at $53, its at $272. I'm not sure how much I made on The Avengers, but thats the only other property I think that can come close to being as profitable.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Bought it at $45. A tidy profit for me today

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

What do you think, 6, sell right now, or do you think the legs will be worth hanging onto it?

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I bought in at around $85, but that was just 5 days ago, so the DROI was pretty amazing. Unfortunately, 99% of all active players earned the same profit, so it's probably a wash.

And I say sell. It had a 3.0 multiplier and it's bound to drop like a rock tomorrow.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I'm tempted to sell, but the competition is just so weak over the next several weeks, and with the awards buzz, I don't see the audience shrinking rapidly. It could go to 300 million.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

It's a tough call. On one hand it's Jan and so its hold is limited, but on the other it got an A+ Cinemascore. I'm thinking a short at the moment.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Geezer wrote:I'm tempted to sell, but the competition is just so weak over the next several weeks, and with the awards buzz, I don't see the audience shrinking rapidly. It could go to 300 million.
That's possible, but that would be roughly a 10% profit in four weeks, which is not much in HSX terms, especially since it's bound to drop tomorrow. 80 million shares trdaed today, and 30 million of those are shorts. You could find safer, more profitable ways to spend all that newfound money.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

While we're on the subject of HSX, I only rejoined on May 29th, and managed to finish around 42nd on the YTD chart last year before they reset, which is pretty good since most of the players who beat me had a five month head start.

But now I'm already remembering why I quit HSX in the first place. There's no way to compete with the big boys unless you live in the forums 24/7 and respond to every bit of news as it comes it almost immediately. The game is fun, but requires way too much time to be really good, and it's not really about being able to predict box office, it's more about understanding how stock markets work.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I use it as both a good research tool for our game, and as a fun little game that doesn't require much time. I don't try to compete with the big boys, rather set personal goals. I wanted to double my net worth last year, and ended up about 2% shy after having a hell of a December. Been killing it already this year, up over 14% (6% of which came today, but still). Hopefully I can get to 500 million by 2016.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Yeah, I paid $42.08 for American Sniper. I made $22.98 M. What do you guys think is a good play now?

I'm thinking Magic Mike 2 at $60ish is a good play.
Paul Blart 2 at $51.
Spy at $68. Tammy was a "bust" and it cashed out at $78 if I remember right.

I'll look for more tomorrow when I get bored at work.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Made almost $9 M on SpongeBob. Got it for $53, sold it for $142.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

W wrote:Made almost $9 M on SpongeBob. Got it for $53, sold it for $142.
Hah, got mine for $36.69. Decided to hold it, though, and it has little competition over the next few weekends and could hold very well.