HSX team game

Different user set-up games offered up by different members. Have fun!

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Re: HSX team game

Post by Chienfantome »

It does seem a bit complicated for someone, like me, who hates economics and the stock market stuff... Thanks anyway for explaining a bit guys... Maybe I should try to see.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Me and My Shadow is a good stock to take. Only $40 right now (it will eventually get to $100-150). I wouldn't recommend Much Ado About Nothing at $11 though (despite Whedon's name, it's definitely a straight-to-DVD film due to a lack of stars* and it being in black and white).

* - It's mostly (lesser-known) Buffy and Firefly actors in the cast.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

do u know who will be cast in it? sounds promising, the guy who is invloved with Aladdin, mermaid and Emperors new groove sounds like a surefire hit. But chicken little is a bit if a letdown
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

It's DreamWorks. It will make a lot of money.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

so, are u in for the team game or what, clearly u know a bit about movies.

So far, no-one has actually signed up, but i have confidence in this society, here are the pre made teams:

Green
Ron B (captain)
SS
Shryke

Red
UDM (captain)
Six
tranny

Blue
Boosh (captain)
chien
ozzy

Black (if needed)
Geez (captain)
Nspan
W

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Purple (if needed)
Kompressor (captain)
aquaman
leestu

Gold (if needed)
Alyson (captain)
Banks
Donte

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I'm still not playing. Just giving some hot tips.

Today's tip: don't take The Man From UNCLE despite the near $5 increase. The film is dead and becoming a TV series instead.

I would recommend taking the Family Guy movie at $10 though. MacFarlane has said that a movie will happen and with the show likely to end in 2013, this stock could reach $50-75.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

It's not becoming a TV series. That misconception was from a misread Deadline title. It is still being planned as a movie, just without Soderbergh.

As for a Family Guy movie, I'd say it'll go straight to DVD with maybe a tiny limited release.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

The plan with the Family Guy movie is to make it the first in a series (similar to the planned Simpsons film series, if they ever make the sequels) with all of them theatrically released (it's already one of Fox's cash cows, so it wouldn't make sense to make to straight-to-DVD like Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story was*). MacFarlane's directorial debut (Ted) opens next summer. If Ted does well (which it likely will, though the $60 million budget will likely be made back after DVD), these will definitely be wide released films.

* - Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story was actually compiled from three episodes that were already in production when the decision was made to do a straight-to-DVD movie. The episodes ended up debuting on DVD as a thank you to fans for buying the first two boxed sets.

Another problem with The Man from UNCLE is the inability to get anyone interested in doing it. This was a dream project for Soderbergh (who was the only director interested in doing a film) and Clooney and Bradley Cooper both turned it down. With Soderbergh now retiring to become a painter, this project has no shot of happening.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Ohhh, come on guys, u have to join!

Give me a good reason why u wont.

We are spending enough time on the net as it is, why not embark on a new challenge, im sure it wont be bland.

So whos in? And no quibbling, every one of us is capable enough, boosh, u too. Im not giving up on you guys! :x

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

i like to use HSX as a research tool for a better game.... you may have heard of it. HSX itself is not nearly as fun.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Check the weekly and monthly leaderboards. You might see a familiar name up there! ;)

The Vow is CRUSHING IT. Bought in at $50, its at 90$, and I have max shares. 4 million profit right there! Jumped up 10 bucks just today!

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I just sold my 100 thousand shares, at $123. Made over 7 million on the stock. Figured day after Valentine's day would be its most valuable point, so I sold it off. My best success ever.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Two stocks I recommend:

- Wreck-It Ralph. It's currently only $50 but has the potential to reach over $100. Also, Disney's last CGI animated canon title grossed over $200 million.

- I, Alex Cross. It's currently $33 but could get to over $50. The first two Alex Cross movies did well and despite the casting of Tyler Perry as Cross, the cast and director seem reliable and a possible fall hit could emerge.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Today I added:
Let's Be Cops at $53.60 (The OW should be lower because of the 5-day, but I can see this coming close to nine digits)
Annabelle at $37.57 (I think Buscemi is right on this one. Should make 1.5x on this one)
Dolphin Tale 2 at $32.57 (The last one hit $72 m...)
When the Game Stands Tall at $26 m (I think it'll be awful, but this seems like the basement)
Leprechaun $.41 (WWE fans should at least quadruple this number, right?

I also have from earlier:
Uncharted bought at $22, currently $40. Supposed to finally start filming early 2015. Sony moved ASM3 for this.
Hot Tub 2 bought at $19 currently $38. I think it'll do a little better than the first since some loved it on DVD.
Now You See Me 2 at $49, now $34. Supposed to shoot in November. It should go up then, I'd guess.
Entourage $19, now $30. It's in post. Should be a ton of cameos.
Christ the Lord $6, now $17. Could hit triple digits eventually. Has a release date at least.
Triple Nine $15 now $13. I have no clue how/when I bought this.
Serena $8/$6. If they release it in Nov/Dec, a Cooper/Lawrence arthouse should bring in $30-40 m, right?
Mary, Mother of Christ $.06... If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.