A Plea

Off-topic discussions, basically everything else goes in here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

A Plea

Post by Shrykespeare »

Guys,

You may or may not have noticed that the movie blog has been a little sparse in terms of new content.

This is because Matt (aka mateostarr) has informed me that he has been accepted to business school and will be taking part-time classes starting in January. Add this to his full-time job, and he will be unable to find much time to go to the movies, much less write about them.

I have no idea what Ryan Sarver isn't writing either.

At the moment, I am on the boat by myself. After all this time, I am reticent to write it off, so I'm going to ask for a little of your help. If that entails giving some of you administrator priviledges, then so be it.

What I want is for volunteers to post reviews, new trailers, news items, whatever. Even if you only post one thing per week, that at least will keep things moving instead of standing still, and it will ease some of the burden on me.

If this is something you can do, please let me know what you need from me and I'll try to make it happen.

Shryke
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: A Plea

Post by silversurfer19 »

Being in NZ I can't promise I'll always be up to date with movie reviews as they tend to get released quite a while later than everywhere else, but I will put in the extra effort and write a couple of reviews. I can get another Tron one to you soon, and though I saw The Illusionist a while ago it's coming out next week in the US so I'll try and remember my thoughts on that too. Other than that Tangled is the next movie I have a chance to see, which will be in a couple of weeks. I'm here to help in any way you want me though.

And I don't want to suggest work for others, but Boussh seems to be one the ball most for trailers and news, so maybe an admin privilege for him would be worthwhile?

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I'll always try to post reviews (I write for another website, Screenhead, and while they get all my news and features, I can share reviews). I'll do a review of Another Year this week sometime.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Boosh, I'm not sure what your privileges are on posting stuff on the site. If I give you carte blanche to post what you can, will you accept it?
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I wrote some things last year but got bored extremely quickly. I prefer it here.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

englishozzy
Clark Griswald

Post by englishozzy »

Im guessing your talking about the main site?? If you want me to post some trailers or anything i dont mind keeping up with that??
"Then telephone for an axe"

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I will contribute for sure, I am enough spare time to help out.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!