Movie Character Names (the rank system)

Off-topic discussions, basically everything else goes in here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: Movie Character Names (the rank system)

Post by Geezer »

Just because you are the only person that actually likes Napolean Dynamite doesn't mean its right Donte. Even if you do think its a good character, he should be last because he is absolutely the least cool of anyone on the list. I'm glad I never had to be ranked as him.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Who's for making every further rank Geezer has to be Napoleon Dynamite?

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

With all the cash it made, I doubt he's the only one...
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I meant that turned in a ranking list. The gap between Napolean and the 99th character on the list was bigger than the gap between any other two characters.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

three people nominated it, am I right? Or did it only take two?
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

3 people nominated it, but either those other supporters didn't turn in a list, or still didn't even think he should be ranked very high

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

With 40+ mil in BO and a cult status that enabled the director to make 2 more movies in the same vein, the argument that nobody likes ND is just crap. Of the characters we all are on this page, only Anchorman Ron Burgandy made more money than Napoleon Dynamite.

What you mean is "YOU" don't like him. Probably because nothing died or was blown up in the movie. Just because he doesn't cuss like the Dude or kill shit like John McClaine doesn't make him less cool. His is so cool because he is not cool, he is not a bad ass or a stoner bowling god. He is just a stupid fuck-up with a messed up home life and an overactive imagination. He lives in a fantasy world and we all play a fantasy movie game. Hell he is closer to all of us on this website than Marv or Indiana Jones or Yoda...
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

No... what I mean is the 15 or so people that turned in lists to me showed him BY FAR the least love out of any character on the list, Don.

And the real reason I hated it is because of the hundreds of kids in my high school saying "God!" "Idiot!" or "Do the chickens have large talons?" Non-fucking-stop every day for two months. As if it weren't annoying enough the first time.

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Geezer wrote:And the real reason I hated it is because of the hundreds of kids in my high school saying "God!" "Idiot!" or "Do the chickens have large talons?" Non-fucking-stop every day for two months. As if it weren't annoying enough the first time.
That is a good point. Since I am older when I saw the movie I did not have teenagers copying quotes non-stop. Of course my friends and I did quote it that way while trashed for weeks. LOL

I had this scenario with the "Rick James!" fad. This happened while I was a bartender so every drunk white guy yelled it for weeks. So I do understand where your hatred comes from. ;) (I am not saying other races did not quote this, I am saying only white guys came to my bar. Maybe drunk guys of all colors were annoying cunts with this Rick James shit.)

I have no idea what I even put for my nominations. Haven't thought about it much since then. I assume I had Conan the Barbarian and Amelie in the top 3. No clue where I put ND.

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I think you put him somewhere between 20-25.

And that's not the way it worked, the top 100 were decided based on any character that was seconded and thirded, then everyone ranked those 100. Which is why you weren't allowed to rank Conan :(

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Bunch of bastards. No one seconded Conan. I do not like any of you any longer. Heathens. Scoundrels. Rat finks.
Remember Conan chopped of Vader's head and threw it down some stone stairs.

:)

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I think that we should create a second list of 100 that can be used for when one passes 5,000 posts.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Maybe make it 100 WORST movie characters. Since you can't really make more cool characters unless more movies come out.

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

I nominate the Transformers 2 Twins and the Charlie's angels bitches. :)

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Jar Jar Binks
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr