I'm ba-aaaaaaaack...

Off-topic discussions, basically everything else goes in here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Nicodemus

I'm ba-aaaaaaaack...

Post by Nicodemus »

Miss me? I sure have.

I remain, as always...

Nico.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: I'm ba-aaaaaaaack...

Post by Buscemi »

Where's Swedge?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Were you ever really gone? I never really saw that impersonator on TFR as you anyway, this is the REAL you (and I'm sure that's a good thing...). And you know so too. Your signature proves it so.

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

RIP
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

Yes, 'tis really, really I.

Honestly, I just got tired of Swedge!, and was missing my "true" self.

You can all still call me Swedgin! if you really want to, or Swedge!, or Swedgie!, or Nicoswedgin!, or Bob Bagginoton!, or Mister Hat!, or whatever, if you like.

Sheesh. Cave's musty. Who left this mess? Oh.

Right.

Where's my quill?

P.S. What impostor?

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I'm kind of partial to Swedgehammer.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Thank fucking God.

You know, despite your protestations, I always preferred calling you "Nico" over "Swedgin". Nothing against Ian M. prodigiously singular and memorable character, but when someone enters your life and changes it so profoundly under a nom de plume, it's hard to think of you as something else. Even in our telephone conversations, I could never bring myself to call you "Swedge". To me, you'll always be "Nico". I think it feels more natural than even calling you "Rick". Hope that's okay.

You know, having Nicodemus back in the fold just FEELS right, like, on a spiritual level. It doesn't matter what's occurred in your/my/our life since this whole enjoyable nightmare has began, but this is the monicker that engendered and inspired so much discussion, so much side-splitting laughter, and so much bromance. I understand your need to change with the times, and that's why I never objected to your avatarial face-lift, but now that the mercurial man-rat is back, I'll simply say... DON'T EVER CHANGE. If I have to get a written recommendation/lawsuit/threat of bodily injury from Derek Jacobi himself (it's his birthday today, BTW!), I will.

I could go back to just being "Shryke42", like I was when I joined, but I think a lot of people wouldn't like that. I've grown accustomed to my bardly face, and as far as I'm concerned, I will be "Shrykespeare" forever. I also think it's cool that most of us have shed our "numbers", like numbersix and silversurfer have already done. It just feels weird to call people by a name AND a number on these boards, ya know? Now, if geezer, jas, Aquamann, longhorn, wcrew and thswrestler want to keep 9687, 8382, 2001, 419, 2000 and 160 after their names, so be it, but only if they feel the number is part of their personality. Otherwise, I say, be like Patrick McGoohan and cast off the number once and for all. But I digress... (yes, I'm stealing your line, which I hope you will be using many more times)

I am truly hopeful that this place will be our permanent home for ages to come. We all met at a nice but not particulary upscale hotel (FM), hastily evacuated to a hastily-built log cabin (TFR) that over time became as comfy as an old sweater. And now, we have relocated once again. RS is, if I'm continuing the metaphor, a brand new home that we are all building together as a community (like the Amish guys in Witness). It may not look like much now, but over time, it will be a beacon of the Internet and be as popular as a Starbucks located next to the meeting hall for Insomniacs Anonymous. But, I digress again....

Nico, welcome back. Whether you grace us with your presence thrice daily or once every trimester, it's good to see you. We've kept your enchanted quill safely encased in Plexiglas, awaiting your return.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

hah, where's the like button?

oh right, this aint facebook....

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

Shrykespeare wrote:Thank fucking God.

You know, despite your protestations, I always preferred calling you "Nico" over "Swedgin". Nothing against Ian M. prodigiously singular and memorable character, but when someone enters your life and changes it so profoundly under a nom de plume, it's hard to think of you as something else. Even in our telephone conversations, I could never bring myself to call you "Swedge". To me, you'll always be "Nico". I think it feels more natural than even calling you "Rick". Hope that's okay.

You know, having Nicodemus back in the fold just FEELS right, like, on a spiritual level. It doesn't matter what's occurred in your/my/our life since this whole enjoyable nightmare has began, but this is the monicker that engendered and inspired so much discussion, so much side-splitting laughter, and so much bromance. I understand your need to change with the times, and that's why I never objected to your avatarial face-lift, but now that the mercurial man-rat is back, I'll simply say... DON'T EVER CHANGE. If I have to get a written recommendation/lawsuit/threat of bodily injury from Derek Jacobi himself (it's his birthday today, BTW!), I will.

I could go back to just being "Shryke42", like I was when I joined, but I think a lot of people wouldn't like that. I've grown accustomed to my bardly face, and as far as I'm concerned, I will be "Shrykespeare" forever. I also think it's cool that most of us have shed our "numbers", like numbersix and silversurfer have already done. It just feels weird to call people by a name AND a number on these boards, ya know? Now, if geezer, jas, Aquamann, longhorn, wcrew and thswrestler want to keep 9687, 8382, 2001, 419, 2000 and 160 after their names, so be it, but only if they feel the number is part of their personality. Otherwise, I say, be like Patrick McGoohan and cast off the number once and for all. But I digress... (yes, I'm stealing your line, which I hope you will be using many more times)

I am truly hopeful that this place will be our permanent home for ages to come. We all met at a nice but not particulary upscale hotel (FM), hastily evacuated to a hastily-built log cabin (TFR) that over time became as comfy as an old sweater. And now, we have relocated once again. RS is, if I'm continuing the metaphor, a brand new home that we are all building together as a community (like the Amish guys in Witness). It may not look like much now, but over time, it will be a beacon of the Internet and be as popular as a Starbucks located next to the meeting hall for Insomniacs Anonymous. But, I digress again....

Nico, welcome back. Whether you grace us with your presence thrice daily or once every trimester, it's good to see you. We've kept your enchanted quill safely encased in Plexiglas, awaiting your return.
You're still awake? Don't you have things to be doing tomorrow?
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Welcome, good sir...

Here is the Welcome Wagon!

Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife