If You Died Tomorrow...

Off-topic discussions, basically everything else goes in here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

If You Died Tomorrow...

Post by Buscemi »

What would you think would happen?

To be honest, I don't think many people would care. I am nothing but a blip on the radar screen. I haven't contributed anything to society. I am a part of Generation RX and afraid to do almost anything. I've failed at life. I have almost no friends. Almost no one cares about me here. I don't know why I keep coming back. If I were a hostage in a terrorist situation, I'd willing volunteer to be the first victim. My life has no point and I don't get why I continue to wake up every day to enter places where everyone hates me. In fact, I would probably consider dying the highlight of my life.

Sure my immediately family would be sad but I know for a fact that no one else would notice where I went.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

NSpan
Frank Booth

Re: If You Died Tomorrow...

Post by NSpan »

I dunno... my prediction is that: without a Boosh, this place would wither and die.

Seriously.

You're the glue that holds this place together, man. Krazy glue, perhaps--but glue nonetheless.
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I don't know. Banks actually told me I should kill myself.

It seems like you are better off without me. Geezer, Tranny, Six, Shryke, Banks, maybe even you. Everyone seems to want me to be a non-entity.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Nah, this place would be no fun without ya. Despite all the arguments you're very much a key part of a society... this reel society. And a valued one at that. Besides, who else can I get excited about new Criterion releases with?

So ease off on the suicidal thoughts. You're only in your early 20's, you've lots of time to achieve what you want to in life. Save the failure talk for when you're an old man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Boush, I think you're a crazy son of a bitch with a lot to learn about life, needs to lighten up, drink a few beers once in a while and get laid, but in no way do I wish you'd just leave. Contrasting opinions is what makes this place great. I agree with NSpan. If you left, it would eliminate so much of the content of this site that it just might crumble. Your controversial take on things creates great opportunity for discussion. None of us would be better off without you around. Maybe try not taking everything so seriously, and things would get a lot brighter for you.

Trust me, I've been exactly where you are, feeling exactly what you are feeling. It can get a whole lot better, you just have to be willing to let it.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I echo everyone's sentiments. Boosh, you and I clearly don't see eye to eye on everything and you take everything way too seriously, but you are a key part of this community. You're only a couple years older than me man, you have a long time to live and better your life. Stop being so negative and cynical and start enjoying your life no matter how bad it looks right now. Perservance is one of the most important values in life and if you overcome your issues, it's one of the most satisfying things on the planet.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I agree, Boosh, and I hope your post wasn't a precursor to something drastic. NSpan said it best, you are the glue that holds this place together. I dread to think what this place would be without you.

Consider the boards your own personal Hotel California. You can NEVER leave.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I was JOKING! Mostly because you were being so serious about the NCAA to begin with.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I explained it here in the NCAA thread why I have to be serious about it. Most of the rich people here are obnoxious and whiny Kansas fans who think they are above everyone else. I hate March Madness because these people will never shut up.

If the Midwest has their version of Red Sox Nation, this would be it. Outside of Duke basketball, it's the most annoying college fanbase.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Boosch, buddy, I leave a little week for vacations, and I come back and I see you writing this kind of crazy thoughts ?!
Come on, lighten up dude, leave the death thoughts behind you, whatever happens in Kansas, you shouldn't have such dark thoughts. And know that you are every bit as important as everyone of us here, if not more, because you are this voice that brings the heat and the debate often, and without heat and debate, a community such as ours wouldn't last, or wouldn't have lasted that long.
If we're all still here today, you are one of the reasons why buddy.
So cheer up, we'll all drink a glass of something, be it wine, beer, juice or just water, in your name, from each part of the world, to help you lighten up ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I've had a lot of things going on in the past eight months and I feel that most of it could have been prevented without me around to fuck things up. That is all.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

But why, when you disagree with people or have a negative opinion of a group of people, do you feel the need to push it onto others? Like with the Kansas fans, if they're obnoxious, just don't associate with them.

Trust me, bro, I used to live in Columbus, and you cannot escape Buckeye football there. I despise college football, but I didn't go around saying how stupid their fans are because it would just cause arguments and drive people away from me. I think your negativity may be the root of how you're feeling, I know it's easier said than done but you've got to let stuff like that slide.

You cannot work yourself up into a lather about something so inconsequential to life like college football. Pick your battles man. With age, I'm sure you'll mellow out, because I used to be exactly like you. I'm far from perfect and still am clueless about how much of life works, but hell, you learn everyday. Even if you have to fake being nice to people for a bit, it'll become easier to strike up convos like nothing.

And like Geez said, everyone either feels or has felt the EXACT same way of how you feel now. Every. One.

For the suicide thing, everyone of my friends has mentioned suicide to me in one way or the other over the past few years. Being a 20-something is hard, trying to figure everything out, and it's normal to be overwhelmed and consider such a thing, but it's never an option.

Life is akin to a puzzle on a piece of paper that you'll have to work on for the next 60-70 years. Instead of working on it, suicide is akin to lighting the paper on fire. It doesn't solve shit, but it eliminates the chance to solve it and all the great and terrible things that come with trying to work that puzzle. You may scream at it, throw your hands up in frustration, crumple it up and throw it on the ground, whatever, but you'll always be able to come back to it and work on it.

You'll never be able to work through it if the puzzle doesn't exist anymore.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

/rant over

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

I just realized that Boosh is our Abed.
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.