A Question 4:

Off-topic discussions, basically everything else goes in here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Re: A Question 4:

Post by Chienfantome »

That could very possibly be true indeed :lol:
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

The Eiffel Tower Cafe and Lounge: Our View is the Prettiest, and our Waiters are the Snootiest!
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

a q 4...
six

why is LA confidential above Chinatown on the imdb top 250?
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Ron Burgundy wrote:why is LA confidential above Chinatown on the imdb top 250?
Because IMDB users have absolutely no fucking taste? Either that or they just don't watch "old" movies and are happy to watch a sanitised version rather than watch the real deal.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

well it cant be imdb users as ive been one for like ever, and im starting to count up my movies on the my movies feature, u should really check that out, its very good (for people that tend to forget the 2000 movies theyve seen and like to compare, its got box office, us release date and your own rating sorting options, which is pretty cool, not to mention the option where it goes by how many people click on stuff. popularity, i think they call it.

but another q 4 u six

what did end up watching on the airplane, or are u waiting for the return trip to answer that?

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Check the review thread in the General section, I gave little reviews of the 5 films I watched (The Beaver, Limitless, Your Highness to the US, Hanna and Paul on the way back)

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

So who here has watched Ninja Scroll? Tranny, geez, i think you would like it....

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

Ron Burgundy wrote:So who here has watched Ninja Scroll? Tranny, geez, i think you would like it....
Ninja Scroll is cool. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust makes for a good double-feature.
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Good stuff Spannus, i was starting to think that it was only me. Havent seen Vampire D but ill have to check it out now.

A Q 4: six, have you gotten around to watching The Treasure of Sierra Madre yet??

A Q 4: Anyone, Who loves guiness more than me at the moment?

A Q 4: Geez, when and if, will the NBA season start, and is it the players or the owners to blame. I feel that the players are being greedy

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

1st Question: No, but it's always on TV during Christmas, so I'll be seeing it then

2nd Question: Me. Don't ever doubt my dedication to da black stuff.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Answering for Geez:

It's a mess at the moment. All games through December 15th have been canceled and the players and owners aren't agreeing. The players' association is about to fold and the season is likely to be canceled.

It would be a lot easier if Stern just resigned. Others may not agree with me but I see him as the main problem.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

#2 My dad probably loves Guinness more... He went to Ireland to tour the factory. Actually he went for business, but touring the factory was the #1 thing on the to do list.

#3 No one knows if there will be a season, which sucks more for me than most since my team won the championship last season. And blaming the players is much easier for the media to do than blaming the owners. Basically, here's what happened:

Start (i.e. last contract): 57% players, 43% owners
Beginning of negotiations: 54% players want, 50% owners want
Then the players said "Ok, 53/47", owners still on 50/50
Then it was 52/47, 50/50.
Then they got an intermediary in there and agreed that they were going to compromise somewhere in the middle. Much rejoicing.
The next day, the players said, "We may be able to go down to 51.5/48.5. The owners said, "F*%$ you, it's 50/50 RIGHT NOW or we're standing on 53/47 us AND a hard cap!"
And then the shit hit the fan.

Basically, the players have made every single concession pretty much every time they met, but it hasn't been enough for the owners.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Not sure if going to the guiness factory qualifies, six who lives in ireland probably hasnt been there. I also didnt go, but i did go to the jamiesons, which was about $8US compared to double that for guiness. But i believe u W, as im prob less than half his age, but i do love it here.

And yeah i know a bit about the 50/50 and stuff, i checked about weekly on what the next new deal is/was. BUT, these players get paid millions, thats alot. Ok, so maybe the soccer players get paid too much too, but in Australia, the elite footballer (AFL) or rugby, is lucky to get more than 1m. Infact, im not sure if they even are that far yet.

So the owners are pricks, maybe the agents too, but didnt 22 of the 30 teams actually lose money last year? I think they should just raise the price for NBA games to double for whatever it is, been in London, and the premier league games for the good teams is about 200 pounds per match, i heard the nba doesnt even cost half that.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

All I'm saying is that the owners have been 100% inflexible. Everyone (the players included) knew they were going to take a paycut percentage-wise, but when both sides said they would come to a compromise, the owners balked and gave a "50% or die" ultimatum. Also, most treat their franchises more like a Ferrari than a company car Honda Civic. It's a plaything until they have to negotiate. Should Rashard Lewis be the second highest paid player in the league? Could practically every person that follows the NBA tell you that he shouldn't have been maxed out on the day they maxed him?

The league needs contraction or some teams just need to spend less. A team is either a toy or a business. Every owner can't be Willy Wonka, play with the Oompa Loompas and the finest golden geese in his edible sugar garden and expect to make a profit every year. The Knicks can sign bad contract after bad contract every year and make a profit. Most teams can't.

And the NBA is still expensive. You can get cheap seats for, well, cheap (under $20), but decent seats are expensive and if they were as much as Premier League seats they wouldn't sell because NBA fans in most cities aren't as rabid as an average Premier League team's fan base. A couple years ago you could find seats in Indy for $4 because the team was awful, not fun to watch, and not going anywhere. If you're putting a bad product on the court AND losing money, something is wrong. If you're bad, you'd better be spending very little or have a (normally young) team that will compete in the near future. Fans can get behind either of those. On the flip side, the Mavs have enough fans come to the games that they are (or did, I can't remember) playing a few games at Cowboy Stadium.

Anyways, yeah, I'm not happy with what's going on in the NBA, but it's hard for me to blame the players when all they've done is concede and all the owners have done is get entrenched on one number.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Contraction will never happen. They tried it with Major League Baseball and the league was threatened with too many lawsuits. The NBA would face the exact same problem.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr