Meeting With The Italians on Friday

Off-topic discussions, basically everything else goes in here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

Meeting With The Italians on Friday

Post by mateostarr »

There is a scheduled chat between myself, Patrick, David and our Italian friends this Friday in regards to the game they are developing. If you have any questions you think we should ask please post them here.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: Meeting With The Italians on Friday

Post by Buscemi »

Will there be an attempt to merge the two sites to create something that recreates the look of the first site?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Are we going to be able to change the specifications of the leagues? Meaning, will we be able to change the max amount of films, etc?
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Really, how good is the pizza over there in Italy?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

What does the real Donnie look like?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

Post by mateostarr »

Buscemi there won't be a merge of the two sites. They are mainly just creating this game for research purposes or so they say. The real question is what will they do with the coding and stuff for the game once they are done with it and whether they will let us use it for our site in the future.

Come January we will be using their code and their game but we won't have full ownership of it (ie they can stop us from using it at any time).

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

Geezer wrote:Really, how good is the pizza over there in Italy?
It is really good, like, amazingly.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

donnie
The McMannus Brothers

Post by donnie »

becs wrote:
Geezer wrote:Really, how good is the pizza over there in Italy?
It is really good, like, amazingly.
as well as Donnie, of course :lol:

mateostarr
Juno MacGuff

Post by mateostarr »

Alright let me recap some of the things discussed in our meeting while you all discuss the machine that is Twilight New Moon in the other forum.

They revealed to us that there are going to be prizes for winning a league. Of course Italian based companies sending prizes overseas could be an issue and we are trying to figure out what exactly are their plans for this. However it appears that the prizes will be a mandatory part of the game so they will definitely be there. The only question will be from what companies and located in what country.

Patrick will have access to a control panel that will let him decide the prices for all the movies for all leagues. If anyone has an issue with this please let us know.

Leagues will most likely have a limit of 50 players, for now and the cut off time to pick a movie will be 6AM eastern time. Ideally I would love for the creator of every league to have the ability to adjust their own settings in terms of (movies per slate, lock time and all that) but they are trying to keep the rules and settings generic to every league for now. We are in the process of finding out more about potential for choice in the future.

Some news I like a lot is that they said each player will have a control panel with some tools to change certain options on their slate. One of which will be an idea I brought to them for a player to have the ability to hide their slate. I always hated in the original game that everyone could see everyone's slate so now hopefully we can hide our slates from each other if we so choose (until the movies are released of course).

This is basically the key issues we discussed in terms of the game. We discussed a lot of issues in terms of business and all that which I won't go into. The meeting lasted like two hours. We have another one coming up on December 4 so once again if you have any questions please post them here.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Do prizes = pay leagues?

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

As far as I remember, no. These games are and shall remain free to play.

I always wondered whether there could be a game where people chipped in to a prize pool, but that crosses the line into "Internet gambling", which opens a large can of legal worms. Don't know if that's a possibility for these leagues, but we can bring it up at our next confab.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

As far as I remember, no. These games are and shall remain free to play.

I always wondered whether there could be a game where people chipped in to a prize pool, but that crosses the line into "Internet gambling", which opens a large can of legal worms. Don't know if that's a possibility for these leagues, but we can bring it up at our next confab.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

As long as fantasy sports leagues exist, I don't think that would be a problem. Plus... It's Italian based.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Got an e-mail from one of the Italian tech guys today re: the standings updates:

"we had a few problems with the code behind the weekly updates.
we found and corrected the problem, now we are working on a page that will make possible for you and us all to update our leagues by pressing a button."

I ask all of you to be patient a little while longer. Rest assured, they are working on it.