Customer Service #2

Off-topic discussions, basically everything else goes in here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Customer Service #2

Post by Donte77 »

I figured I could make this almost a regular column with how often I piss people off. Not all of them will be as entertaining as the first one but still a good cross section of the general public.

Today I pissed off a customer so much he told me to tell my boss that I lost us a customer. I rule. Here is the situation.

Earlier this year a customer ordered a light kit. To clarify, this means he ordered a pair of auxiliary lights and mounts to be added to his motorcycle as most stock motorcycles have completely shitty lighting at night. He called in a couple weeks ago with one of the bulbs out. The company that makes these bulbs covers the replacement of a bulb for one year (this does not include shipping). We sent the customer a replacment bulb, free of charge and with free shipping (priority mail for about 5 bucks). He was then to return the defective bulb to his on his own dime. Seems fair right. Well I get the return in and he had a note to please credit his credit card the cost of shipping the bulb back to us. He went to a UPS Store and paid $15.38 for shipping.
I emailed him and told him that we could not credit him for return shipping neither our company's nor the manufacturer's company cover return shipping, only replacement of the product. We had already done him a favor by shipping out the replacement bulb for free without having a defective product in hand. He gets irate. Then he calls. He got me. :)
I very carefully explain to him that our policy does not cover return shipping for warranty issues. We cover return shipping for order entry errors and products that are DOA. I then explain that the reason for this policy (other than the money it would cost) is that credit card companies will only allow a credit on a purchase in the last 2-4 months (depending on which of the big 4 you use). Since the original order was over 6 months ago and we did not charge him for the replacement, it was physically and theoretically impossible to issue a credit. His reply?
"You don't seem to understand me, I shouldn't have to pay return shipping."
At which point when I said, "I do understand but it is not possible nor is it our policy."
At which point he told me that "Well your attitude is going to lose you a customer. Make sure your boss knows that."
And then I said, "I will tell her now sir, Thanks and have a good day."

Ahh sometimes it is the little things in life that make it all worthwhile.
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: Customer Service #2

Post by numbersix »

You're a psycho, Donte, a loose cannon

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

hahahah Never mess with the guy on the other end of the phone. He has all your information, address, phone, credit cards, email. LOL
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Make a Waiting... film for customer service.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.