NCAAB Thread

Football? Basketball? Baseball?... Dodgeball? All of that goes here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

Re: NCAAB Thread

Post by W »

I almost did that. Had Butler goin Final Four one year, finals the other if I remember right.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Yes, there have been eleven different champions but how often do you see the Cinderella team win? Try never. It's always the same big market teams that have the money to recruit and get saturated coverage on every network possible. Every year, people try to convince themselves that this year will be different and that the tournament will actually be worth watching. But in the end, it's the same thing. For once, I want to see the championship not be won by the Dukes, the Kansases, the Kentuckys, the Connecticuts and the North Carolinas of the world. These are the only teams that ever seem to win.

Also, I've noticed that most of the champions wear blue as a primary color and have the most annoying fans in all of sports. So if you are an asshole in the stands painted in blue (royal, navy or powder), consider yourself lucky.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

If you watched that Kentucky/Wichita game and don't love this tournament, you just hate sports
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Yeah, dammit, I had Wichita State going to the finals.

I think the champ this year will be Florida, Virginia or Michigan State, though of course I'm rooting for Arizona (and I'm dreading the matchup with Wisconsin, assuming they get that far).
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I knew there was no way Wichita State would make the Final Four. They hardly played anyone in the regular season (and had a major case of running up the score on weak teams by shooting threes long after the game had been decided).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Who expected a Final Four where a mid-major has a 50% chance of winning it all?

It really comes to show you just how overrated some of the Power 5 conferences really are, especially the Big 12.

As for my long-held belief that a team wearing blue usually wins the championship, there is also currently a 50% chance of that. So I'm expecting a UConn-Florida Atlantic final.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.