The NFL Thread

Football? Basketball? Baseball?... Dodgeball? All of that goes here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

The NFL Thread

Post by Geezer »

For all your yummy NFL goodness throughout the season
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by KeyserSoze »

Was at the Steelers/Vikings game Sunday, and talk about coming away with a win we did not deserve. Hopefully, this makes up for at least of the two losses where we should have won. Thank to the inept Vikings for only Running AP once when they had first and goal at the one, and then kicking the field goal on fourth and one. Also nice to se that Brett Favre tackles as well as our kicker does allowing us an interception return for a TD and a fumble return for a TD all in hte last 6 minutes of the game. Bye week could not have come at a better time for us.
Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? Trick question, dickhead. Lemmy is God - Chazz and Rex, Airheads

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Hey that's Brad Childress for you! It was only a matter of time before he started costing the Vikings games! That interception return was awesome, because it got the Steelers to cover!!! I think you are being too hard on the Steelers though. They kicked on 4th and 1 because it was 1st and one, and they failed three straight times. They had no confidence it would work the fourth time. Plus, the steelers D had to come up with that fumble and interception to return them for the touchdowns, so the D won them the game, which is Steelers football 101.

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

They actually failed 4 times because there was a penalty on the first 1st down. The reason they failed was that they only ran AP on 2 of their 4 tries. When you have the best running back in the league, you give it to him on every down, and if you don't make it, you tip your hat to the defense. Kicking the field goal only made the score 13 - 10 Steelers so technically, the Steelers didn't need to come up with any defensive scores to win the game. The fumble recovery put them up 20 - 10, but the ensuing kickoff return brought it back to 20 -17. It was the interception return that got them to cover the spread, and Fox was quoted as saying that he should have just fallen down and let the O run out the clock.

Geez, I've been going to Steelers' games since 1972 (The first year we got our season tickets), and I've only missed a handful of games in the last 37 years. I've seen enough to know that sometimes you win games you should have lost (Minnesota and Tennessee games this year), and sometimes you lose games you should have won (Cincy and Chicago). They usually all even out in the end. Happy to be 5 - 2 though going into our bye week especially with Denver, Cincy and Baltimore in 3 of our next 5 games. Probably need to win 2 of those 3 which would make us 9 - 3 (Other two are KC and Oakland) and a good bet to be in the playoffs.
Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? Trick question, dickhead. Lemmy is God - Chazz and Rex, Airheads

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

KeyserSoze wrote:They actually failed 4 times because there was a penalty on the first 1st down. The reason they failed was that they only ran AP on 2 of their 4 tries. When you have the best running back in the league, you give it to him on every down, and if you don't make it, you tip your hat to the defense.
Well, like I said, that's Brad Childress for you!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Listening to Outside the Lines... Someone said that its horrible that Larry Johnson would use that kind of slur when its gay/homosexual/lesbian/transgender/transsexual month. I'm sure that's what LJ was thinking... "I'm going to call my coach a homosexual because it's homosexual month! That would be bad. Let's pencil it in for after the next loss, then it'll be 'appreciate your turkey' month, I just call him a turkey this month so that no one has to have their month defamed."

A couple of months a go they had "Nude bike riding day." Does that mean that you can't say anything about naked bike riders that day?
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Currently he's suspended and I expect he'll be cut before the end of the season.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Hopefully dealt instead of cut. I don't mind being a horrible team for the next three years if we can do something after those few years. Hopefully Paoli is great as our GM.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Here's the thing: Larry Johnson is untradeable. Everyone within the organization knows it;
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

The NFL trade deadline is week 6, so he can't be dealt before the end of the season. And he is also washed up, so I doubt anyone would want him.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I don't know if I'd say "washed up". I think if he goes somewhere like New England, or anywhere with a line, he could be pretty good again.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

He's been pretty useless for 3 years now, he only had two good years and then became injury prone. I really don't think he will ever be serviceable again.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

That's what they said about Fraud.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I think Larry Johnson could excel with a good line. He still got something left in the tank but he will not be sucessful as long as he is with the chiefs.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I thought the same thing. I think with the Pats, he would be the best back they've had since I can remember. I also think he would keep a cool head there since he'd get the ball and be winning games.