The NFL Thread

Football? Basketball? Baseball?... Dodgeball? All of that goes here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Buscemi »

Who wants to bet that Eric Fisher was the top pick because the Chiefs didn't want to pay top dollar for a name player? This feels like more proof that the Hunts need to sell. They simply don't have the resources to run an NFL team.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I love FIsher personally. Can play both sides of the line and he has all the makings of a franchise tackle (as does Luke Jockel and Lane Johnson in my humble opinion)
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

But he's a mid-major player, which makes him untested for bigger competition. And some people expected them to choose Joeckel from Texas A&M (since he could match Von Miller when they play Denver).

The pick seems to feel like, "We're not spending money but we can't find anyone to take the pick from us so we'll take this guy".

Meanwhile, I'm surprised that Matt Barkley has yet to be taken. As late as last week, he was projected as the top pick.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Um Joe Staley, who is arguably the best tackle in the NFL, went to Central Michigan. Level of competition will not effect a guy like Fisher, who is a freakish athlete, can play both sides of the line, and block equally well in the running and passing game.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Boush you have no idea what you are talking about, not with the Fisher talk, or the Matt Barkley talk. Who had him going that high "last week"? If you had said "last year" then sure, but no one recently had him going in the first round, unless someone traded up into the 20s.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

ESPN had a few sources saying Barkley would likely go first since he was the most high-profile player in the draft and one of the Chiefs' biggest needs being a quarterback (well, other than that weirdo from Notre Dame).

As for Fisher, did anyone even see him play? Central Michigan isn't the biggest preparation for the NFL.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

The salaries for the first round are slotted now, so no matter who you pick you're paying them the same if they're picked in the same position. I'm of the mind that if you're not going to get a game changing defensive player or QB Witt the #1 pick, you should trade down or just draft the best QB available.

Unless you get a Patrick Peterson, Calvin Johnson, etc you might as well gamble on the one position that can almost single-handedy make you a contender.

And I hadn't heard of Barkley as a sure first rounder, let alone #1 overall. I heard Geno was possible if someone wanted to really reach.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I'm ecstatic with the Titans first pick in Chance Warmack. Number one guy I wanted. Going to open up lanes all day with Levitre on the other side. Chris Johnson in for another big year.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Wish i could the same with the Bears pick, they picked Kyle Long WAY too early and he's unproven. Combine that with Chicago's shit luck taking offensive lineman in the 1st round recently and it just screams bust.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I agree with you on Warmack too, big, talented guard who can open a lot of holes in the running game. Hopefully with Warmack and Andy Levitre now on the roster, C2J won't continue to try and force outside runs. Johnson is undeniable talent, he's just a really dumb player.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Man I'm absolutely ecstatic through Tennessee's first 3 picks. Number one guy I wanted in Warmack, then a big, speed receiver who will stretch the field, and a corner (desperate need) that most analysts had going in the early second round at pick 70? Absolutely thrilled.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I concur geez, Tennessee has been cleaning up in the draft and free agency. If Jake Locker grows as a quarterback and they can get their defense squared away, they could be headed to the playoffs in a couple of years.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

The Jets just released Tim Tebow. I hope he gets a chance to improve on his winning record. He at least deserves one considering the results he's gotten when he has had a chance.

Teams wait years for a guy to lose two thirds of his games before cutting a QB and this guy takes a team to the second round of the playoffs in his first half-year and gets zero more starts.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Fantasy Team I drafted Saturday (2 keepers, .5 PPR):

QB Russell Wilson
RB Jamal Charles (last year of Keeper eligibility)
RB Ray Rice (last year of Keeper eligibility)
WR Mike Wallace
WR Cecil Shorts or Sidney Rice
TE Brandon Myers, Gronkowski when he returns
WR/RB/TE Darren Sproles (PPR stud)
DEF New England
K Gostkowski
BN Jacquizz Rodgers, Jeremy Kurley, Brandon Lloyd (he should get on somewhere)

I already traded Rice straight up for Trent Richardson, who I can keep next year. I'm thinking of offering Charles + a receiver for AJ Green + McFadden. I think they'll accept it and I can keep Richardson and Green next year, which isn't Charles and Rice, but better than most.

empire13
Clark Griswald

Post by empire13 »

I know this is a belated response, W, but I like your team. I wouldn't have chosen Wallace, but other than that it looks fantastic and we share some key players.

My draft in 1 player keeper league, 1 point per reception. We also get 1 point per 10 punt return yards and 1 point per 20 kickoff return yards.

QB-Russell Wilson
RB-Ray Rice (my keeper)
RB-Darren Sproles (current flex)
WR-Randall Cobb
WR-Antonio Brown
TE-Jordan Cameron (and Gronk in round 7). Waiting anxiously to be able to flex Cameron and start Gronk
K-Hauschka
DEf/SpT-Bengals
Bench- Shane Vereen (since dropped. Too bad because he looked like he was going to supplant Ridley), Justin Blackmon, Daryl Richardson (Ugh), Kenbrell Thompkins, Sam Bradford and Percy Harvin on IR.

I have since traded away Rice for Brandon Marshall. We are only required to start 1 RB, so I could afford to do it.
Rick: Where do you get off having tits? - Clayton Rohner, Just One of the Guys