The NFL Thread

Football? Basketball? Baseball?... Dodgeball? All of that goes here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Geezer »

Its absolutely baffling. Everything you said was correct. Simply because he doesn't have the most accurate arm and plays an unconventional style, no one wants to put their job on the line and give him a chance. It's a shame. Like you said, if Brady Quinn can start in this league for a team, surely SOMEONE could give Tebow a shot.

I think the real problem is that he is too famous and loved to be a backup quarterback. If he goes somewhere as a backup, the starter has a target on their back the minute he steps foot in town, and it becomes a media circus. So he either needs to go to a team that is willing to start him, or change his position.

I wish him the best of luck.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Honestly I think the Jets were stupid for misusing him this year. Tebow could be deadly in the wildcat if properly utilized. As for his future as a quarterback, I'm not sure what will happen. He's a great athlete, but he's a shit quarterback. I'm sure some team will take a chance on him. It's confusing, but his window of opportunity is definitely shrinking.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

transformers2 wrote:Honestly I think the Jets were stupid for misusing him this year. Tebow could be deadly in the wildcat if properly utilized. As for his future as a quarterback, I'm not sure what will happen. He's a great athlete, but he's a shit quarterback. I'm sure some team will take a chance on him. It's confusing, but his window of opportunity is definitely shrinking.
But he's a "shit quarterback" that wins football games AND puts buts in the seats. If that's not worth a look, I don't know what is. Now the JAGS want nothing to do with him. He'll easily pay for his entire contract the first year you have him and there's no one you can draft this year that projects well into the NFL, but they don't want him.

Has there ever been a QB that's been asked to change positions after taking a "shit team" to the divisional round the year before?
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I certainly can't think of one.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

The Jaguars had the lowest payroll this year and its owner has been speculated of lying about his value. So of course they'll want nothing to do with Tebow. They can't afford him.

Speaking about payrolls, I really cannot see the Chiefs having a success story with the #1 pick. Either they'll trade it or they'll use it but the pick ends up holding out because the Hunts won't fork over the money. This is what's keeping the franchise back. Not Pioli, not the coaches, not even the awful Matt Cassel contract. This team won't go places until a price tag is put on them.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Draft picks are slotted now.... Price won't be an issue.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

But signing bonus are. The top pick is going to want a big one but the team won't settle until it's too late.

Also, you know that they will pull some shit to avoid spending the minimum cap (since that goes into effect this year).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

If Tebow's cut by the Jets, he'll be extremely cheap, so that won't matter.

Financially everything will be fine with KC's pick. They'll be in contact with a few top pick potential picks and you're going to pay the whole first contract anyways, so the signing bonus won't matter.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Good point about Tebow W, though I'm still not sold on him as an NFL quarterback. He had a lot of luck on his side last season with the Broncos as well as a blossoming defense and an excellent kicker in Matt Prater that won him a lot of games. That being said, He would definitely bring an audience where ever he goes. He absolutely deserves another chance and given the right coach, he could do something in the league. The Jaguars are stupid to at least not give him a chance. I mean Chad Henne wasn't completely horrible after Blaine Gabbert got hurt (who in my opinion is the biggest bust not named JaMarcus Russell in recent memory), but their quarterback play is definitely an issue and they need to someone take full advantage of the great starting receiving duo that have in Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I've probably said this before but Gabbert should have never been a first round pick. In college, he was a weak replacement for Chase Daniel and never had the passion that Daniel did (this is why Gabbert never won a bowl game in college). To further show you why he was a bad pick, his replacement in college won a bowl game in his first year as starter (with a lot of the same players in Gabbert's last year, no less).

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Prediction: Tebow will end up on the Cardinals, make a shitzillion dollars, and tear his ACL in Week 3.... of preseason.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I don't understand how no one's talking about how someone can watch a teammate kill another teammate and ruin his life while drunk driving and within two months is driving drunk. Another Cowboys defensive lineman... Wasn't Stallworth a Cowboy when he killed someone the same way?

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Stallworth was in Cleveland (where careers go to die) when he did that.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Am I the only person who finds it puzzling that the 49ers got it close after the power outage? Something tells me that Jerry Rice's claims that the NFL fixes the Super Bowl are not as farfetched as it seems. Because when you think about it, a big city and/or whoever owns the stadium should be fully prepared for an event such as this one. Why would the electricity suddenly go out for 35 minutes with the Ravens up by 22 and by the end of the quarter, become a five-point game?

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

They were not ready for Beyonce's jelly.