The NFL Thread

Football? Basketball? Baseball?... Dodgeball? All of that goes here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
John Rambo

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by transformers2 »

I picked Denver this week. I'm in kind of a rough spot since I've picked pretty much every great team save for the Patriots.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I still have the 9ers and New England left. This weekend, I'll be watching to figure out whether the Pats @ Jets or Denver @ KC are the best option. After that, week 13 is going to be the hardest one of the year... Maybe Denver next week and then New England @ Miami is best. Or maybe New England and then Denver vs Tampa Bay since it's at Mile High (or whatever they're calling it nowadays). I'm the only one able to pick New England or Denver, so hopefully both go on at least a two game winning streak after this week and I think I'll win the whole thing (though one person does still have a bye).

It just keeps getting harder and harder.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I'd go with Denver next week than the Patriots the following week because Tampa is hot right now and could beat Denver even at home. I haven't had this long of a winning streak ever, so I normally don't have this problem. I haven't the slightest clue who I'm going to take next week. I kind of want to save the Patriots for when they play the Jaguars week 16, but I might not be that lucky to wait till then as I've picked Baltimore, Houston, Atlanta, Green Bay, San Fransisco, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and now Denver.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Do NOT pick the Pats in Miami. For whatever reason they always struggle there, even if the Dolphins suck, and they are actually not that bad this year.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Yeah, I was thinking that Geez. I was also thinking that KC plays in possibly the loudest stadium in American sports and can be world beaters at home even if they're having a bad season. I'm thinking New England @ Jets and then probably Denver at home against the Bucs.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

The Chiefs will only start winning when they get sold. They simply cannot compete with a cheap owner and a payroll that ranks next-to-last in the league. Don't be surprised to see the owner get fines for spending too little when that goes into effect next year.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

The fact that the Chiefs are as bad as they are still kind of shocks me. I know Matt Cassel is awful and losing Brandon Carr was a huge blow to their secondary, but they have some talent (Jammal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Tamba Hali, Eric Berry, a few others) and they did make the playoffs two years ago. I mean I didn't expect them to be an elite team by any means, but I also did not expect them to be at the absolute bottom of the barrel. They are going to need to draft a quarterback in the 1st round next year and pick up some defensive players in free agency/the Draft. In my opinion, they are only a few good players away from contending for a playoff spot.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

SURVIVED! Whew. Crazy afternoon. I went from extremely sure I'd make to to the next week to sure I was going to have only one person to beat (when the Cowboys were down 13-0) to being sure I was done... not to mention the overtime!

Now I have to figure out next week for sure. I'm leaning towards NE @ NYJ.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Haha yeah, this definitely came to mind watching the Houston game! What an escape! And if Jacksonville had actually played for it, we would have had another tie.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I'm going with New England @ the Jets this week. Then San Francisco vs St. Louis (no way they're losing... or tieing... again). Then Denver vs. Oakland. Two people picked Cincinatti this week with one undecided so far.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Good pick. Can't see NE losing tonight. Might be ugly on short rest and no Gronk, but they should still get the win.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I was happy Black Friday at Wal-Mart checking the score and seeing 35-3. I hoped Oakland would upset Cincy, but nope. All four advance and no one has a bye left, so I think I have the advantage being the only one that can still pick San Francisco and Denver. With all the other really good teams picked by all four of us, some people will HAVE to get put out in the next two weeks.

For a ton of reasons I'm taking SF @ St. Louis this week and Denver vs Oakland next week. In my Yahoo I can't take Denver, so I'll have to think about that one.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I took Dallas this week since Philly is playing so bad at the moment and Vick is probably going to be out again.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

This week in my survival league:
SF @ STL (me)
DAL @ PHI
BAL @ PIT
DET vs IND

The only one I don't think is a good pick is Detroit.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

The whole Tebow thing confounds me. Has there been any QB with his credentials that may not be able to get a job after their third year? A Heisman winner first round pick who's first real chance in the league took a struggling team to the playoffs and won a game. A guy that will singlehandedly give you tens to hundreds of thousands of new fans and will never give you an off the field problem.

He's not conventional and probably won't be able to run an offense at a level to make your team elite. But now their talking about Canada? We trotted Brady Quinn out half the season this year...