The NFL Thread

Football? Basketball? Baseball?... Dodgeball? All of that goes here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Geezer »

He'd be just like every other running back the Pats have brought in. Mediocre at best, because it doesn't matter, they are always going to want to throw the ball a ton and will win that way.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

And look who else finally won a game! I predicted that at the beginning that the Lions weren't any better than the Rams and that they would lose the game (though both are still terrible, terrible teams).

This leaves Tampa Bay as the only winless team in the league. Will this remain the case?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Yup, good for the Rams, they won the only game on their schedule they were capable of winning, against a Lions team sans their best player. Congrats. Tough to see any team go winless. I don't know if Tampa can pull one out though, they are a mess. The Florida Tuskers of the UFL think they could beat them... and its not an absurd statement.

Giants now 5-3... will be lucky to finish above .500... as I've said all year.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Meanwhile, I still expect the Rams to totally fuck up in the draft and pick Sam Bradford.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Geez I aplogize for aruging about the Giants with you after yesterday I lost all hope in that team. Tampa will pull out a victory I think they are better than St.Louis its just a matter of time for them.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Geezer wrote:Yup, good for the Rams, they won the only game on their schedule they were capable of winning, against a Lions team sans their best player. Congrats.
Well if they had to play the Rams maybe could beat Washington. LOL I would be embarrassed to be a coach at any of these 0-8 or 1-7 teams. It isn't as if the Saints or the Colts have 8 times the salary cap that the Rams or the Redskins do...
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

This is college, but you know how everyone says that if Hawaii, Boise State, Nevada, TCU, Utah, etc scheduled teams that were BCS level they'd be able to play in the championship? Well, some of those same teams won't play them. Boise State has offered to play ANY high level team in 2011 and has even went through ESPN to try and broker a deal. No one will bite. I don't see any more reason to have a playoff format than this. You win every game on the schedule, other teams are scared to play you and you have ZERO chance at making the championship game.

Ridiculous!
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

It is absolutely ridiculous. The only thing Boise can really do is move conferences, but that will be a big challenge in itself. Here's hoping that Florida, Texas, Alabama and Cincinatti lose so we can have a Boise/TCU title game!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

LSU could knock off Alabama today. Even if Florida loses one that isn't the SEC title game, they'll still probably make the title.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I don't think so. I think in this year, you are going to need to be undefeated to make the title game. Boise isn't going to lose and the fact that they beat Oregon is huge, with Oregon dominating everyone they have played since. If only one other team is undefeated, they will be in it.

However, that would pretty much mean LSU beats Alabama, then Bama beats Florida in the SEC title game and someone finds a way to beat Texas and Cincinnati. I think we are going to be left with a lot of these teams remaining undefeated, and an incredibly predictable and boring result of Texas/Florida in the title game.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

I dont really find anything boring about Texas/Flordia title game. Yes Boise State and TCU are very good teams and they are fun to watch but as the long as the title game is exciting i dont really care who is playing.

On another note stoked to see Tampa win today especially against the Packers!
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I would not be surprised to see the Big 12 realign next year to an East/West format (similar to the SEC). The dispairity between the two divisions is not helping that conference (something I predicted before the season started).

Another possible realignment is to place two Texas teams in one division and two in the other. Also, have Nebraska and Oklahoma State trade places to recreate a yearly rivalry (Nebraska vs. Oklahoma).

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I have lost all hope for the Giants. Just let Rivers pick em apart on that final drive, and then can't even complete a play in the last 21 seconds to try and win.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I'm still not sold on the Saints' Super Bowl run. Shockey will end up breaking that team apart like he did with the Giants.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I have lost all hope for the Giants. Just let Rivers pick em apart on that final drive, and then can't even complete a play in the last 21 seconds to try and win.
I believe I had that one ;)

At this point, I think they are an 8-8 team at best. Even I thought they would win against either the Cardinals or Chargers... they're schedule doesn't get any easier. They have two very winable games left on the schedule (Carolina and Washington) but other than that, I could see them losing every one. Lots of Tom Coughlin gazing in disbelief still to come!

Jeremy Shockey isn't going to do shit to the Saints. He isn't a big enough part of the offense. They have way too many weapons, a GREAT quarterback (I seriously think he throws the prettiest ball in the league), and a good coaching staff. They look terriffic and have every week this year. I never had a single doubt they would come back and win both this week and last.

Tampa got their win this week over Green Bay. That Packers O-line is just abysmal, and its killing their season. Unfortunate, but it proves you can be great at the skill positions, but if your Line sucks you can't do much with it.

Titans 2-0 with Vince Young at the helm :D Chris Johnson is the only back in the league that could challenge Adrian Peterson for the best in the league title for years to come. Just watch him explode when he gets free space. Its insane how fast he is.