The NBA Thread

Football? Basketball? Baseball?... Dodgeball? All of that goes here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
John Rambo

Re: The NBA Thread

Post by transformers2 »

They're a really fun team to watch right now and it's great to see you poor bastards out in Arizona finally be gifted with a season of quality basketball after watching the Suns aggressively stink up the joint for much of the past decade.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

You're right about Bamba, but #6 is a lot different than #1. Drafting immobile centers on "potential" could have been better a while back. But now I don't think I'd ever do it. You're better off taking an athletic guard or smaller forward that you have issues you want to fix.

Ayton is very good at what he does. Until the bubble last season I heard people saying "Well, Ayton still has a chance to be better than Luka." Same thing with Trey Young. I haven't heard it after that step back 3 game winner in game 4 vs. the Clippers. It reminds me of the people that thought Pau Gasol was better than Dirk because of "softness". The only flaws in Luka's game are that he gets too flashy in his passing leading to more turnovers than he should have and his step back 3 is used way too much. It's a low percentage shot (like 10-12% worse than his pullup 3) and if he used it just frequently enough that they have to respect it, it would be much better.

It was weird during that draft time hearing Luka wasn't going first. It's like they were enamored with things that matter much less now and thought they were drafting in the 80's and 90's. Ayton may have been elite then. Maybe even Olajuwon-light. Now he's a guy that you hope to be an All-Star some day. At the time I wasn't happy because the Mavs didn't hit the lottery so they had no chance at Luka. My thought was "How is the 19 year old MVP of the second best league in the world not #1?"
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Well, here's a record I never expected to be broken.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/327 ... -73-points
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

And another (franchise) record was broken last night when the Suns won their 18th in a row.

They have their work cut out for them tonight, facing the Warriors in SF without Booker. If they can pull THAT win off... well, there's just no stopping them.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

What the Suns are doing right now is just silly. Just goes to show that well-balanced and coached teams can accomplish some incredible things in the NBA> Very excited to watch them obliterate a certain Eastern Conference middler a week from tonight.

As for what happened in Memphis last night... yikes. And the Grizzlies didn't even have Ja Morant!!!!
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Well, the streak is over. Curry was on fire tonight. Figured he wouldn't have two bad games in a row. Plus, our third game in four nights... tonight was when it was gonna end.

New streak starts next week against the godawful Spurs.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I saw that the Celtics head coach is likely getting a year-long suspension for being in a relationship with a fellow employee. It feels like he broke rule number one of the office code.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Why the hell is Kyrie Irving still on the Nets?

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

The situation with the Nets is going nuclear. But still no Kyrie suspension.